Color WHAT?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Color WHAT?

Jimmy(Posted 2011) [#1]
This is something odd, not for everyday joe, but for anyone who wishes to explore the strange world FORTH. Not any FORTH but
the newest FORTH - ColorFORTH, its not an emulator this time it is an browser for looking at the source code.

Something I did few years ago, as major progress with Cartador happened today. I am also releasing this I made
for Charles Moore ColorFORTH, it is a dialect used for his new mobile low power but massively parallel chips.

If you find it interrsting you could download it from Chucks site www.colorFORTH.com

I need to provide sourcecode too but I have to ask Chuck for this.
Till then I think colorforth.com and some places on the web already offers colorforth binaries.

This eats ColorFORTH binaries and show it onscreen in its proper style.

This is not a final version but my personal workhorse, and I withstand any defect it may have I have personally found none,
but just in case anyone finds one, Its provided to learn how it are build up. Version 2 lays on the desk waiting, looking
more smashing than this. But as I am happy today about CartAdore emulator I might release this aswell.

Most of you won't be interested , this is for the few that are.
Pick a full ColorFORTH up if you are intruiged.
I want this to be an interest bridge and you get to see it inside out.

Sorry I cannot provide a binary here at it is, I provide a link instead.

http://www.dnd.utwente.nl/~tim/colorforth/cfinal/

http://www.colorforth.com

Look for a color.bin.

Last note, this is odd thing, it might need a longer explanation but as of now I leave it up to Chuck at colorforth.com to epxlain.
I will try to further later!

I also wrote an article but It's not in shape to be release yet, and abit short of time to finish it right now.

Cheerio, this old man needs some sleep!

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#2]
This is pretty cool. I'd never looked at Forth before, so thanks for the reminder. It's a fascinating language.

No idea what I'm looking at, but cool nonetheless.