Concerns

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Concerns

Yue(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hello! I need your experience to resolve some concerns I have.

- How do I detect a character and go up stairs, this character is put in a box for collisions.

"As for the character I detect the texture of which is standing, this in order to run different sounds on the materials that walk or run.

-How do I detect the bones of the character, to know which vertices are assigned to find out if a hit in the head to kill him once.

Appreciate most plausible explanation and some examples.

a greeting.

Ross C(Posted 2011) [#2]
Use an invisible ramp for your stairs. As for bones, you can use the FindChild or GetChild on a boned .b3d model, is you know the bones name. You can then give this a collison type :)

Drak(Posted 2011) [#3]

-How do I detect the bones of the character, to know which vertices are assigned to find out if a hit in the head to kill him once.

You can parent primitives to select "bone" and use those for collisions.

Here is an example. The arrows here do not collide with the actual 3d mesh. What they collide with is the primitives that are parented to specific bones in the 3d mesh. The collision spheres of the arrows are also shown in this picture for reference. You can see here that there is a head detection, arm, hand, thigh, and calf primitives. They can simply be made invisible with EntityAlpha() and no one will be the wiser. This also allows you to have real collisions with animated models actually work.

Here is the photo:

Yue(Posted 2011) [#4]
=) Thank!!!

stayne(Posted 2011) [#5]
Drak that picture cracked me up. That guy is like "umm...ow?"

Drak(Posted 2011) [#6]
Haha! I guess I never really looked at it as a funny picture. I took it just to show a technique but ya... he's hurtin. :)