Help Test

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Help Test

Yue(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hello friends, I need someone to try this please and comment me if it works correctly on their machines, I appreciate the assistance.

The idea is to test the resolution changes in real time from a menu of video options.

In the picture you can see the buttons to get the resolution change.

Finally I need to know if it works correctly.

Download here:http://download1057.mediafire.com/npv9imzl9kog/j8c6eqabmvma5u5/Demo.rar

=) Help me please.

Rob the Great(Posted 2011) [#2]
Just gave it a try, and I like the concept, but there were a couple of problems.

1. The more I change the graphics, the longer it takes the game to respond. After first, it would only lag by a couple of frames, but by the end, it was eventually locked for so long that I had to kill the process. When I started the demo again, it responded fine. It seems to cycle through all of the graphics modes before you start to notice the lag.

2. The resolution wasn't consistant from one option to the next. In other words, clicking forward, I would go from 800x600x32 to another resolution, and when I would go back, it was 640x480x16, not 800x600x32 like it should be. I am being hyper-critical when I bring this up, but it may be something you want to re-work later down the road.

Other than that, no complaints. I'm liking the signature videos at the start of the demo.

If it's helpful information, I tested this on an HP G60 Notebook with Vista Home Premium SP1, AMD Turion Dual-Core RM-72 2.10 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM, 32-bit OS. Just a basic laptop.