memory access violation running .exe

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/memory access violation running .exe

vivaigiochi(Posted 2011) [#1]
i use VISTA SO and this occur with an application of mine.
if i use run blitz source from editor works fine.
if compile it and run .exe get MEMORY ACCESS VIOLATION,
but...after creation of .exe if i use RUN LAST CREATED .EXE from blitzbasic editor it's work...

i need compiled version of program hovewer but for now i'm forced to run it into blitzeditor.

Last edited 2011

Matty(Posted 2011) [#2]
Is it possible you may be referencing absolute paths rather than relative paths -> could this be an issue with Vista?

Charrua(Posted 2011) [#3]
probably nothing to do with your problem:

does your program opens a file or write on one?
in vista if you are using a folder other then MyDocuments you may have problems caused by access rights.

Juan

vivaigiochi(Posted 2011) [#4]
Ok read this.
My program open (but not at the same time..) thousands of files.
I can explain better. It's download several thousands of page from internet and for any page it's scan the contents and find info need for my work, than save this info but after some mofification...:-), at the real end it's send this new info over the net into another server.
It's work but often it's stop because some download don't work...
Now i can fix this aspect referred to download and avoid the stop but
SURPRISE IS THAT this program is runned under VISTA and located into MyDocuments, and so i repeat what sense have this if the program is inside the editor it's work but how .exe inside the same dir don't work.
it's a nonsense because if it's how say Charrua means that editor modify the rights needed to run .exe!!! we can't permit this no?

Floyd(Posted 2011) [#5]
The executable program and one run from the editor probably have different default directories. This may be the problem if you are using paths relative to your program.

Try checking the value of CurrentDir$() from the executable and within the editor.