Hi, one question.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Hi, one question.

Yue(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi, one question.

If a grid has many textures that would imply that performance is lowered every time the camera being close to the mesh?.

I speak from my machine I see it is too old for these things.

A greeting.

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#2]
It will worsen the performance every time this multi-texture mesh is rendered (meaning, some part of it is visible\inside the camera view).
If it's outside the view, it won't be sent to rendering and the hardware won't have to bind all the different textures (which is what causes the surface-related performance issue: many different textures).

If the performance worsens when you get close to a mesh, it means the texture this mesh uses either has a pixel-shader or some fixed-function equivalent (like EMBM, or alpha blending), as these demand a lot of fillrate.
Getting close to a mesh with a regular texture doesn't pose too much of a performance loss.

Last edited 2010

Yue(Posted 2010) [#3]
I've dscubierto the problem, what happens is that my Jee, casts a shadow on the ground, sing when approaching a bridge where this is shaded to look to one side of the grid that bridges the performance is injured, as when there are two objects that are being shaded, bridge and ground beneath the bridge.