Windows 7 not executing B3D app

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Windows 7 not executing B3D app

RifRaf(Posted 2010) [#1]
anyone have any ideas on this error . I cant test it myself, this is not my system but a report from a user.

64 bit operating system
Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel i3 quad-core processor
Intel HD Graphics GPU/GPA (doesn't support all GLSL shaders)
4gb DDR3 memory

Error -

Unable to execute file: <filename>

CreateProcess failed; code 216.
This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher.

Xaron(Posted 2010) [#2]
It's a bit hard to say without any code or a sample exe.

Personally I have no problems on my Windows 7 64 Bit systems with BB3D yet.

Further investigation would be necessary.

Have you used the latest BB3D (1.106)?
Could you just try a simple test program on the user's machine?

RifRaf(Posted 2010) [#3]
well, getting details from this user is not a fast process, i've asked several questions i'm waiting on, as well as suggest they try the server which is not b3d and see if they get the same result. A google on the error shows me many apps get hit with this, but I haven't yet found what they have done to resolve it.

yes I use 1.106

Thanks.

D4NM4N(Posted 2010) [#4]
Try going in to system properties and checking that the temp path specified exists. I had a problem like this once with an installer it was trying to write to c:/windows/tmp
which for some reason did not exist.
or something like that.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2010) [#5]
Just as a sidenote, when you have DirectX10 then you may have to install the latest version of DirectX9c too, it will then be there in parallel with DX10. Otherwise support for DX9c, as well as for DX8 and 7 of course, is not provided.

RifRaf(Posted 2010) [#6]
They report its working now, I think it wound up being a currupted download, all this person did was run the updater and it then worked.

So, probably not a win7 issue after all, more likely their security suite that mangled the download or install.

Last edited 2010