Compiled a Blitz3D server on my bigcomp....

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Compiled a Blitz3D server on my bigcomp....

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#1]
And it works a treat. Transferred the executable to my laptop, blows away. Compiled the code on the laptop for my server, blows away.

Any suggestions how to identify the problem - I'm thinking compile in debug mode.

RifRaf(Posted 2010) [#2]
Any suggestions how to identify the problem

depends on the literal meaning of "blows away ?"
mav ? or something else

Last edited 2010

Yasha(Posted 2010) [#3]
Install Blitz3D on your laptop? If I recall correctly the licence is very liberal and you can have it on as many machines as you like.

Anyway, that'll give you a little more in the way of error/debug messages and some flexibility in adding and removing userlibs you'd forgotten about...

Yeah so I should have read your post properly first time around. Still, does that mean the same code is running on different machines - but not if it was compiled on different machines?

Last edited 2010

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#4]
Sorry folks, my mistake, I use an application called dropbox to transfer files from a to b. So at b (my laptop) I thought I'd use a new directory with my latest and greatest server & client stuff - BUT I neglected to incorporate the necessary directory structure for the Server to work. Basically it needs 2 directories to plop client specific stuff into.

Anyway, here's to Blitz3D and my forthcoming release of WORMSEXTREME:-

[EDIT] It's 2d now, but now I've got the fundamentals done, bringing on the
3D element - just needs using one of the spare bytes per client to represent
the y (height) plane. I Intend to use the current data for the x & Z planes.

Last edited 2010