Help Windows Full =(

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Help Windows Full =(

Yue(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi, I have a problem, the fact is that I have made a menu where activated by the mouse buttons, they change the screen resolution, however, everything works fine in debug mode (Window), but when you run the program on screen complete, change the first resolution and then it is impossible to recognize the buttons .... = (

D4NM4N(Posted 2010) [#2]
What visually or clickably?

If clickably then check the coords of your detection squares. Changing res in b3d graphically is never a good idea anyway. It is better to have a start up screen in "safemode" graphics that control the screen before the game loads it's media or switches to it's configured resolution. (because when you change res, it dumps all your media like textures and meshes, (..exept images loaded with loadimage if i recall but i can't remember)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2010) [#3]
I wonder why you say "Full" - has it anything with Fullscreen Mode to do?

If so then you should know that the app is paused when it was running in Fullscreen Mode but then "lost focus", actually losing focus in Fullscreen Mode means it was alt-tabbed out, or minimized by an expicit WINapi call to do so.
The only solution to this problem that I know of is to run a little background exe with low CPU consumption that will receive and send special codes to the main Window/Fullscreen of your app, and perform an emulated click or focusize the main Window otherwise when it needs to be done.
Example: your game was running in fullscreen and then the user clicked on "windowed" - the app will be paused as soon as it isn't fullscreen anymore and then it needs focus to be able to continue as a window, but it cannot focusize itself, since it's paused.

Yue(Posted 2010) [#4]
Hi, well my English is very bad, I put these images.

In this first carried out correctly on the screen resolution changes.

And in this way that the full screen resolution only changes the first request, after the buttons are disabled and does not recognize most commands, such as by passing the mouse over the buttons or anything.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2010) [#5]
So it wasn't the problem I thought. I see you've got "Fast" Extensions there, maybe it has somethging to do with it? I would however try to set the focus of the window - fullscreen or not - after a change, using the corresponding Windws API command (with a userlib). I found the various commands to set the Focus directly made problems with diffrent OSes, but api_SetWindowPos% (hwnd%, hWndInsertAfter%, x%, y%, cx%, cy%, wFlags%) : "SetWindowPos" seemed to work best. See also here:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1179
and use a Win32 API Description or Helpfile.

Yue(Posted 2010) [#6]

Ancho = 800
Alto = 600
Profundidad = 32
.Inicio
Graphics3D Ancho,Alto,Profundidad

Camara = CreateCamera()
PositionEntity Camara,0,1,0

Plano = CreatePlane()

B1 = LoadImage("Derecho.png")
B2 = LoadImage("Izquierdo.png")

B3 = LoadImage("Mouse.png")

Pantalla = 1
While Not KeyDown(1)

RenderWorld 
	DrawImage(B1,200,200)
	DrawImage (B2,50,200)
	DrawImage(B3,MouseX(),MouseY())

If ImagesOverlap(B1,200,200,B3,MouseX(),MouseY()) = True  And MouseDown(1)

Ancho = 1024
		Alto = 768
		Profundidad = 32
		Goto Cambio 
	End If 	

If ImagesOverlap(B2,50,200,B3,MouseX(),MouseY()) = True  And MouseDown(1) 
		Ancho = 800 : Alto = 600 : Profundidad = 32 : Goto Cambio
	End If 

Flip
Wend 
End 
.Cambio
EndGraphics 

Goto Inicio

Hi I'm doing tests without FastImage and Fastext, and all goes well, I will now testing with these two libs to see if the error is in there.

On the API, and I greatly appreciate the fact that I think will be the solution to the problem, if the error is in the Fast.

Yue(Posted 2010) [#7]

mmmmmmmm, the problem is not the libs, it works fine in full screen.
So it strikes me that the error is on writing code that does the resolution change or something, which I have to analyze in detail. =(