rem instruction

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/rem instruction

vivaigiochi(Posted 2010) [#1]
why rem is featured only by ; ?
if i need to rem more instruction (for example to debug...) i must use ; on all row. Why don't exists one rem like c:
I say /* */ for group of lines code.

Foppy(Posted 2010) [#2]
I sometimes 'solve' this by using a temporary "If (false) Then" block around code that I want to disable. To activate the code I change it into "If (True) Then". Of course you could also create a constant "DEBUG" (true/false) and do "If (Not(DEBUG)) Then".

But yes, Rem and End Rem like in BlitzMax would be nice.

vivaigiochi(Posted 2010) [#3]
this is a good idea but it has several limits.
for example if the code lines are too much you must seek your code lines that limit the source to rem.
after your answer i can say WE NEED REM !!

_PJ_(Posted 2010) [#4]
I agree it would be nice if there was a way to implement blocks of comments.

There are workarounds, but I suppsoe it depends on the number of lines, i.e. how much work would be put in just adding ; to the beginning of each line, compared to the rigmarole of processing a block as below/
If you really have a lot of lines to comment out, then, if you have access to something like Excel, you can copy the linesa into excel, then insert a column and fill the column with ';' then concatenate the columns and copy the values of this concatenation back to your IDE.

Yasha(Posted 2010) [#5]
Just use IDEal. ( http://www.fungamesfactory.com/ )

Select your text. Alt+1 to comment, Alt+2 to uncomment.

_PJ_(Posted 2010) [#6]
heh I didn't know IDEal could do that! Thanks, Yasha :)

vivaigiochi(Posted 2010) [#7]
yes!! heh I didn't know IDEal could do that! Thanks, Yasha :)

vivaigiochi(Posted 2010) [#8]
Ooops..i say why this feature is not inside blitz3d? it's a mistery for me..we need some better performance from blitz3d source editor and so we make use only software (original?) that we had buyed..

Yasha(Posted 2010) [#9]
Why would you even want to use the original editor? Seems like a non-issue...

Yue(Posted 2010) [#10]
Yasha Thx Alt +2 :D