Change screen resolution?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Change screen resolution?

Yue(Posted 2010) [#1]

Hi folks, any idea how to change the screen resolution in real time, I think is something like the shadow problem as much as I do this.

Greetings

Yasha(Posted 2010) [#2]
The EndGraphics command will get rid of the graphics window (fullscreen or otherwise). You can then create a new graphic environment by calling Graphics3D a second time with the new resolution.

However, you need to be prepared to free all your assets and have to load and position them again, as 3D objects and anything else dependent on the graphics environment won't survive past the EndGraphics command.

puki(Posted 2010) [#3]
He is using FastExtension.

DeInitExt
ClearWorld
EndGraphics

then

Graphics3D W, H, 0, 1

Refer to:
FastExt_Example_ChangeResolution.bb
FastExt_Example_ChangeResolutionOther.bb

Yue(Posted 2010) [#4]
hello, tell them that I was unable to use EndGraphics, as I have many modules, recursos.bb, variables.bb, funciones.bb, etc, and find it a problem to make it run, so I used a dirty trick , which is used execfile ("game.exe"), but all data is stored in a file on the change of the new resolution, and to start the game is checked and passed directly to the menu Options =), not if is the most advantageous to the case but was the only thing that occurred to me.

A greeting.

Rroff(Posted 2010) [#5]
You may find my post here useful as well for finding the current desktop resolution (most people run their native res) to set it in the game http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=92282#1055609

Yue(Posted 2010) [#6]
Hello truth is not where it ends up with this, as much thank the assistance provided, as you can say I'm in a serious learning process with the libraries that currently use (Fastext, FastImage, FastPoint, Fasttext, etc) to able to do all this correctly, because everything is a real problem but at this point and thanks to my persistence I see everything more clearly.

At the moment I'm preparing the official menu of the game and leave a short preview here.

A greeting.