Update V1.106 now available!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Update V1.106 now available!

marksibly(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi,

Blitz3D Update V1.106 is now available from the product updates page of the Account section.

This *should* fix the sprite issues people have been experiencing.

Well, here's hoping anyway...!

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2010) [#2]
YES, I have had a lot of problems trying to not use sprites in my projects! Thank you!

Dark Soul(Posted 2010) [#3]
Thanks for the update Mark, we all know what a pain it is updating older code and really appreciate the effort.

I love programming in Blitz Basic as it is still the easiest way to program games without worrying about all the overhead other languages have.

MikhailV(Posted 2010) [#4]
OMG, great, thanks.

Xaron(Posted 2010) [#5]
MikhailV, as far as I see it broke your extensions, am I right?

Virtech(Posted 2010) [#6]
Works good on win7 x64. Thanks Mark!

vivaigiochi(Posted 2010) [#7]
Xaron you say right, i haven't more time to spend on it but the extension seems don't work fine...so i FAST RETURN to blitz v. 1.10 for now.

puki(Posted 2010) [#8]
Hurrah!

I don't have Win7 though - yet.

Panno(Posted 2010) [#9]
still alive ......
Thx Mr.Sibly

Yasha(Posted 2010) [#10]
Thank you!

Yue(Posted 2010) [#11]
:D

Robert Cummings(Posted 2010) [#12]
Great stuff! don't forget to add the fixes to the Blitz3D dll too!

_PJ_(Posted 2010) [#13]
Presumably this fix inviolves the compilation, so even those of us not coding on Win 7 machines ought to apply the update for Win 7 users that run the exes?

MikhailV(Posted 2010) [#14]
@Xaron: May be ;)

Warner(Posted 2010) [#15]
Edit: whoops .. too early. Sprites are still not working correctly.

Last edited 2011

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#16]
(;-).

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2010) [#17]
Ok this is cool. There is only one problem: Why you not make the graphical output of blitz3d based on own drivers?

Even Genesis3D (a very old 3D Engine) does today work with directx 10 and the core is original written back in 1998.
Genesis3D does support following effects: Shadows, Portals, dynamic CSG (realtime calculated), realtime Lightmaps, BSP, Mirrors, Water effects, wide world range and all that is abstractable by drivers you can write for G3D!

With a SDK for Blitz3D i had meant a standard spec. wich allows me directly coding a graphics driver named driver_opengl.dll or driver_dx8.dll etc.
I can not code on a base in wich Blitz3D itself initiates as a old 32bit application with needed directx7.

No Blitz3D application will work with windows 8 or windows 9. Even if you use Xors3D wich uses modern windows driver. The core will be ever a old unsupported directx.

Actualy i can no more play a game wich is written with DirectX from DirectX6. 1. The Game is extremely slow, 2. Tweaks does no more work (Program abort with GPU driver error) etc.

Ok.. there are possibly GPUs out wich simulates Directx6 perfectly but this is not realy the way. The biggest range of player buys a "low-res" computer from wallmart, download a game from portal and begins to play. Without installing any geforce drivers, ati/amd drivers etc.

How hard can it be making a good core of a engine (wich blitz3d realy is) split up into some DLL files!? At end it will be easier for other programmers (like the ones wich devs xors3d or minib3d) programming new drivers for blitz3d.

I see the possible future:
1. "click to buy" button for "Standard Blitz3D + drv_dx7.dll"
2. "click to buy" button for "drv_dx11.dll". So long compatibilitie is correct, $200 are ok for this one dll.

The userlibs todays (xors3D) does not realy support the blitz3d spec. like 2D drawing and the buffer stuff. The entity blend & fx stuff has bugs etc.

Why you not go in both ways? 3D (blitz3D2) and 2D (BlitzMax, BlitzMax Mobile Edition)?
A long time ago here was BlitzPlus and Blitz3D wich was nice products. Today you want only one product for a nice focus.

On the other side you make two products today. BlitzMax and BMAX Mobile Edition. [[ by the way... is here a real BlitzMax 2 @ dev.? ]]

Eventualy you should going away from the pc market. Wich do you actualy plan, so far i can see via Roadmap (Bmax Mobile edition).

Last edited 2010

Yue(Posted 2010) [#18]
Blitz3D in my ignorance I guess I always will remain the same, is its philosophy and making it last is that the directory userlibs, but the current philosophy is that all graphics engines absolutely everything look easy, but I love blitz3d by that stays where it should be, so I do not think Blitz3D a step further, if the user wishes to use DirectX 9 August etc, userlibs directory should be sufficient. so remember that Blitz3D is an option but the graphics engine market, it is at the forefront if it is kept in the right place and at first was conceived.

Greetings

kiami(Posted 2010) [#19]
Glad seeing Blitz3D is still alive. Blitz3D is sharp and fast like a cat, for sure is not a tiger. You cannot keep tiger at home, but you can have a cat for long long time.

FlagDKT(Posted 2010) [#20]
Hi Mark.
Tested this new release with my game in Windows 7 and discovered that Memory access violation is always there every time I load a sprite.

I investigated and made some test and found the lines of code that cause the error:

ClearTextureFilters
sp=loadsprite("sprite",2)

textflag=2 and cleartexturefilters won't work together.

Can anyone confirm it?

SLotman(Posted 2010) [#21]
If I remember right, this has to do with some video cards, not Win7 specific. Try loadsprite("sprite",1+2) - it should work.

FlagDKT(Posted 2010) [#22]
Yes 1+2 does the trick... :)
thx

GfK(Posted 2010) [#23]
Shouldn't this be stickied instead of an announcement of the version before last that's almost a year old?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2010) [#24]
Thanks a lot, Mark. This support is unbelievable.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2010) [#25]
I don't know if I should put this better to the bug report or right in here, anyway: With Version 1.06 I get weird artefacts with sprites that are parented to the camera. At some places in the map, the sprites seem to be rubberband-bound to the map and will follow the camera kind of delayed, in a jittering way. It's ok with Version 1.04.

DRH(Posted 2012) [#26]
I installed the update yesterday on my computer and I am having problems. For one, the types wont delete! I have no idea if I did something wrong because this is the first update I've done, ever, for blitz 3d. Has there been a change along the way that requires that I type in the delete command differently? I have a fully operational program that I know works but when it goes to delete all old "file" types in order to update the list because the directory has changed, it doesn't delete any of em! Also, another program I've built that creates types in order to represent buttons and menus and stuff, the command that deletes all types to clear the current file simply wont delete types. The command for file.file=each file ,enter, delete file, enter, next..... Wont work! Its like its not even listening to the command. Did I install wrong or is it that the update requires that I write it differently so that it deletes the type? I need help.