DirectX 7 to DirectX 8

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/DirectX 7 to DirectX 8

Whats My Face(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hey, I was wanting to create a rough idea of a level in Maplet and then use Blender to add detail and whatnot. However, Maplet exports to the DirectX 7 variety of .x and Blender only takes the DirectX 8 variety of .x. Does anybody know of a good workaround or maybe a plugin for Blender that allows it to import DirectX 7 .x files?

Nate the Great(Posted 2010) [#2]
maybe you could download an older version of blender and export it as .3ds or something that didnt get changed.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2010) [#3]
I guess there was a B3D Plugin for Blender, maybe you can load a Maplet exported B3D. You may also try Fragmotion to convert from B3D to something else. Or UltimateUnwrap3D, but this one isn't for free. You may also try Gile[s], that became Freeware lately. (When you use the Version of Maplet that can be downloaded by logged in users only, then you can export as B3D, including the lightmap UVs. The free-for-all-Version of maplet allows only DX7-X for export - at least it used to be that way some time ago).

Dreamora(Posted 2010) [#4]
DX7 x to DX8 x should be really no problem cause DX7 x is a subset of DX8
if the blender plugin bitches about it its broken itself or pretends to require standards not standard at all like the chunk description blocks etc