rapid response IDE needed. is bmax the answer?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/rapid response IDE needed. is bmax the answer?

stanrol(Posted 2010) [#1]
why i s b3d so slow loading 644kb fille?

Dreamora(Posted 2010) [#2]
because of the way the parsing works in the default ide and because of the richtext control of win98.
As B+ can't get rid of it by using the 2k / xp+ only, it can't get around that insanely slow thing.

check out ideal

Zethrax(Posted 2010) [#3]
Sounds like it's time to start using the 'Include' statement.

stanrol(Posted 2010) [#4]
i could but the same slowness.

_PJ_(Posted 2010) [#5]
Get a faster CPU and RAM?

Stevie G(Posted 2010) [#6]
Get 'IDeal' - much better and loads files lightning fast.

Serpent(Posted 2010) [#7]
I second IDEal.

stanrol(Posted 2010) [#8]
doesn't have f1 help & documents for API.

Serpent(Posted 2010) [#9]
you just have to browse through the help manually - it's still worth it because of IDEal's features

_PJ_(Posted 2010) [#10]
F1 Help does exist with IDEal, unlike the default B3D-IDE, though the cursor must be within the 'word'. Pressing f1 when it's at the end or beginning will fail.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#11]
IDEal is FAST, from an ex fan of Protean, which was excellent - but every so slighlty slower than IDEal to load never mind ought else.

GfK(Posted 2010) [#12]
what code do you have that's 644k??

Yasha(Posted 2010) [#13]
It's quite easy to rack up the KBs if you decide to include media as Data statements (presumably autogenerated).

Also, some GUI libraries tend to be quite big. BCF comes to 869KB!

stanrol(Posted 2010) [#14]
@GfK
compiled bitmaps.

Serpent(Posted 2010) [#15]
Note: I'm assuming stanrol is using data statements to encode bitmap images.

I've included media as data statements generated by a program several times.
@stanrol
You should use different '.bb' files for all of your media data and use the 'include' statement in your main '.bb' file so that you avoid opening the files containing all of the media data in the Blitz IDE. Even with such large amounts of data statements everything compiles fine, but it takes the Blitz3D IDE an insane amount of time to load the file - even notepad struggles.

On a side note, if you incorporate media in byte by byte data statements, every byte of data comes out to 8 bytes in the executable. Every byte is stored as a 4-byte long integer and between each one there is a useless long integer. This made my humble Space Invaders game come out to a 20 MB executable :)

Adam Novagen(Posted 2010) [#16]
Look at it this way, stan, try a little experiment. Grab a pencil and a piece of paper (or fifty) and see how quickly you can jot down over a hundred thousand numbers in a new form eight times their original size. ;)