AlbaLynx - upcoming GUI for Xors3d and Blitz3d

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/AlbaLynx - upcoming GUI for Xors3d and Blitz3d

Xors Team(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hello there!

We decided to share this news from our friend Mikhail Meshchangin aka wolfhound512 with you.
Mikhail has already developed a pretty nice GUI for Blitz3d called GUIw512. However it has stayed in the background because of Mikhail's inborn aspiration to idealize everything he make :)
So he decided to upgrade GUIw512 and thus AlbaLynx saw the light.
AlbaLynx is a very fast and flexible GUI for Xors3d (the version for Blitz3d is almost ready!). The power of AlbaLynx is based on use of already famous FastImage by MixailV and the flexibility of template system is provided by use of XML. By the way, do you know that every present and future user of Xors3d receives FastImage (for Xors3d) for free?
Here are some features of AlbaLynx:
- The appearance of any element depends entirely on the selected template.
- Flexible template system, through which an interface can take any form.
- Bitmap and vector fonts support.
- Unicode support.
At this moment there are the following interface elements:
- Group.
- Window.
- Button.
- ToggleButton (CheckBox).
- OptionButton.
- ListBox.
- TextBox.
- TextArea.
- ScrollBar.
- ScrollArea.
- Static (Label, Seporator, Frame and etc.)
More elements are coming.

A demo? Of course! Here is the link
Don't hesitate to share ideas about AlbaLynx here or at our forum. It is very important to know the attitude of public towards things you do.
Good luck and happy gamedev!

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#2]
Mikhail Meshchangin

You got to be kidding me that a guy into game dev is lastnamed "Meshchangin".

Xors Team(Posted 2010) [#3]
Sorry, we are not feeding trolls.

Leon Drake(Posted 2010) [#4]
least his name wasn't ubenjargen farfrednugen

Leon Drake(Posted 2010) [#5]
In all seriousness though do you know if this would be available under bmax + xors3d?

Xors Team(Posted 2010) [#6]
Yes, AlbaLynx will have the header files for Blitz3d, BlitzMax, C++ (with both plain functions and OOP).
Actually the header files for C++ are already ready. Blitz3d- and BlitzMax-versions is a matter of a few mouse clicks, because Knightmare has developed an automatic converter for the header files (.h -> .decls) and (.h -> .bmx).

Leon Drake(Posted 2010) [#7]
wewt!! wait wut?

dude is he giving out that converter?

Xors Team(Posted 2010) [#8]
This converter is intended for use inside XorsTeam, because it is quite hmm.. 'Xors3d_Project'-specific.

Leon Drake(Posted 2010) [#9]
ah, that's cool. sounded handy ;)

Rroff(Posted 2010) [#10]
Very slick - the only thing I would say the controls - specially the close buttons are quite large and take up a lot of space, tho I guess thats something thats skinable.

Leon Drake(Posted 2010) [#11]
i like big butts

er i mean buttons... yea buttons

Xors Team(Posted 2010) [#12]
AlbaLynx allows to customize everything you see.
Hmm.. probably the next demo should contain several skins which could be switched on the fly

Doggie(Posted 2010) [#13]
fly skin. yessir, I like that