FastLibs - FastExtension

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/FastLibs - FastExtension

Kev(Posted 2009) [#1]
Im thinking of buying FastExtension how easy is it to use? is it worth buying the complete set for the reduced price what does the other libs offer in terms of what blitz3d cant?

is there a better alt than FastExtension?

any pointer please
kev

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#2]
I haven't came across a better alternative. I think Fast Ext library is really easy to use. The commands are in the same format as the blitz3d commands, and it all seems to integrate very well. The author is always very helpful with any problems that appear too.

All and all, an excellent lib, and the best add on to blitz3D.

Kev(Posted 2009) [#3]
Thanks Ross C

ive decided to buy FastExtension, i may buy FastImage should i need it im not quite sure yet if i do.

kev

Rroff(Posted 2009) [#4]
I've not needed the other parts of the fastlibs... but mostly thats due to having implemented similiar features myself... but fastextensions is indisposable and the amount of work implementing equivalent features would be prohibitive.

Its very easy to use for the most part with good examples and many features can be implemented with only 1-2 commands.

Gets a big thumbs up from me.

EDIT: The author has worked really hard lately as well to keep it compatible with the latest B3D updates too and adding new and exciting features like sun rays.

MikhailV(Posted 2009) [#5]
@Kev: I like your creativity (I speak about WinBlitz3D, excellent work). And I very much hope that you will like my libraries. I recommend to you to try trial versions that you were more confident a choice.

Kev(Posted 2009) [#6]
MikhailV i did take a look at the trial version and decided its what i wanted very nice library.

Chroma(Posted 2010) [#7]
MikhailV, how do i get the latest FastLibs? (I own it btw)

Rroff(Posted 2010) [#8]
You should have got an email with login details for latest updates when your purchased it.

Kev(Posted 2010) [#9]
i got no login details? all i got was a direct link to the download that has since expired. athough i do have the version from the link though.

im intrested in if i have the latest version?

MikhailV(Posted 2010) [#10]
@Chroma: Check your email ;)

Kev(Posted 2010) [#11]
Ive now had time to look at this library in more detail and for those that dont yet own it i say buy i think MikhailV has done a great job with this very very nice, im going to look at his other libs if there like this im buying, btw did i say wow nice library :)

kev

GIB3D(Posted 2010) [#12]
I like it. It's a really good way to add simple effects your game. Haven't figured out how to get Bump-Maps to work yet though.

Chroma(Posted 2010) [#13]
Thanks for the speedy response sir! :)

Dreamora(Posted 2010) [#14]
Fully agreeing with Kev, its a superb enhancement option.
You can add great new visuals or just help the performance by using R2T or the new blend modes.

Not only FastExtension actually, but also the other fast libraries. At the current reduced price, you might want to invest into the whole libraries as fast text saves you a lot of time too.