Chat Bots

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Chat Bots

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2009) [#1]
Has anyone ever attempted or made a chat bot? I'm talking about something close to CleverBot but not as advanced and not server-based. I have kind of started on one. It uses multiple dictionaries that tell the bot the part of speech and the definition. It also saves a profile under your name that grabs your age, location, etc. from a conversation (not really a conversation yet, mostly preset..) The profile.dat also holds commonly used words for the user and words that are not in the bot's dictionaries.I am now working on a way for it to completely construct its own sentence based on your profile. Is this too much to tackle or should I try it? Any advice or stories of someone attempting this in blitz3d.

Nike(Posted 2009) [#2]
That would be neat if you compleated it.

killerhedgehog(Posted 2010) [#3]
I can't remember where on this site but I know there was someone who did something a lot like this, you might want to search it. It was fairly simple though and most answers were scripted. How complex do you plan on making it?

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2010) [#4]
I have held it off for a while because i have been busy in school lately, but i keep jotting down ideas. I plan for it to "evolve" on its own by taking what i say and saving the the definition and where and when it should be used. It already has preset words in different text files and can make small sentences, ("the dog jumped over the fence"), but it will set up more complex sentences on its own relating to what you say later. I am trying to make it with smallest amount of code I can. I really don't plan for it to networked based or anything, just a little experiment. The hardest part is I will have to make it have it's own personality, traits, background, family, and everything to make it as "human like" as i can.