Blitz3D Update 1102 Now Available...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Blitz3D Update 1102 Now Available...

marksibly(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi,

Blitz3D update 1102 is now available from the 'product updates' page of the 'Account' section.

This version improves the performance of entities with many animation key frames.

Please let me know here if you have any problems with the update.

(Note: Any 'struct hacking' libs may have to be modified to deal with the fact that an internal std::list has been changed to a std::map).

Panno(Posted 2009) [#2]
thx mr sibly

WERDNA(Posted 2009) [#3]
Wow, thanks a bundle mark!

Look forward to checking it out :D

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#4]
wow, blitz3d is still being updated, thanks mark

Pinete(Posted 2009) [#5]
thanks mark! ;)

josk(Posted 2009) [#6]
Thanks for the update.

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#7]
Thanks for the update.

Yasha(Posted 2009) [#8]
...thank you!

jtassinari(Posted 2009) [#9]
Thanks for this update =) Thanks for keeping blitz3d on :D

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#10]
Thank you, Mark :)

Amanda Dearheart(Posted 2009) [#11]
Say Mark, how difficult would it be to add collada support to Blitz3D?

FlagDKT(Posted 2009) [#12]
Problems with new update as reported by CHI:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=87823

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2009) [#13]
(Note: Any 'struct hacking' libs may have to be modified to deal with the fact that an internal std::list has been changed to a std::map).

Thanks for this support & help!

I would buy a "Blitz3D 2" Edition (bmax mod (crypted?)) for $150 as starting price.
Wanted features: DirectX10/OpenGL _or_ real 64Bit support.
Unwanted features: support for (old) 'struct hacking' libs.

DirectX10/OpenGL: Please do a complete engine reset (Max3D is a real good base!). I did not worry about falling back into the features state as in the first version of blitz3d.

Oh man, Mark.. you have so many ways.. what the.. blitz 3d edition should not going death by lack of compatibility. MiniB3D is good but Blitz3D is powerful, fast and features good 2d pixel manipulation and so on.

The last part i do miss in MiniB3D. 2D as 3D is fast, with 2d pixel manipulation i can use/generate/animate dynamic procedual textures and so on. I think, Blitz3D is here better than BlitzMax. (seeing all this as customer n00b)

remove real support for Blitz3D is a fatal error. Ok, optimize animation routines can be hard. I think it is nothing compare to a Blitz3D 64bit DirectX10 Edition.
The hard work on optimizing the animation routines is senseless, i give Blitz3D 3 years and it only works on real old systems. All efforts are senseless, so long there no compatibility is given.

I hope you create at least a 64-Bit edition. So i can do a DirectX to OpenGL Wrapper into the game-installation-package and it runs on Windows 8 with DirectX 12.

How many money must i give you, to do the work? $10.000 per year? I would donate ~$80 per month. I think, i am not the only one, wich will donate the development.

Rroff(Posted 2009) [#14]
While its not 64bit support - so far everything I've done in b3d works fine on my Windows 7 Premium 64bit installations on my laptop and gaming PC - some slight issues with windowed mode and aero - but I don't intend really for the projects to be used in a window anyhow.

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#15]
After I updated, I'm now getting an error with FastExtension at the new SetBuffer function (FastExt's SetBuffer function).

Abrexxes(Posted 2009) [#16]

nice update, thx mark

Blitzplotter(Posted 2009) [#17]
Thanks for the update Mark, I'm still having fun with B3D & some of the excellent physics libs doing the rounds.

Xaron(Posted 2009) [#18]
I would donate ~$80 per month. I think, i am not the only one, wich will donate the development.

Count me in, ShadowTurtle! I'd love to see that. Either a BB3D 2.0 with new DX (and/or OpenGL) or a usable module for BMax.

Mike0101(Posted 2009) [#19]
I would donate too. You can count me.

John Blackledge(Posted 2009) [#20]
Yeah - we're back to the 'I'd buy it again'.

And I would, too.

semar(Posted 2009) [#21]
Count me too.

By the way, thanks Mark for the updates.

Chroma(Posted 2009) [#22]
Thanks Mark.

Yep I see the new bug in FastExt with the SetBuffer_ command.

Rroff(Posted 2009) [#23]
Update to 1.103 and the new 1.14 retail release of FastExt and you should be good to go.