Aero Glass + Windowed Mode

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Aero Glass + Windowed Mode

chi(Posted 2009) [#1]
hi community,

i have a serious problem with win7 (with aero glass on) while in windowed mode... itīs totally jerky ;(
thereīs nothing i can do to eliminate this behavior unless i turn off aero glass... then everything runs just fine.
i also tried different render styles like delta timing, render tweening and of course the simple way to render the scene, but itīs always the same.
then i created a .dll to turn off aero glass only on my created b3d-window but itīs still jerky... i really have to turn off glass (wdm service) to get rid off this...

is there anything i can do without forcing wdm off?

cheers, chi

RGF(Posted 2009) [#2]
I've tried Win7 with B3D windowed and found no problems, even with aero glass on. Please tell us which graphics card you are using. Does it happens in full screen mode?.

chi(Posted 2009) [#3]
i have an ati radeon hd 2600 xt with catalyst 9.10 installed... and the very funny thing is... when i switch my gpu from "balanced quality" to "high quality" or "optimal quality" the jerkiness is gone. then i digged in a little bit more and found out that when i only switch my anti aliasing settings not to use "application settings" e.g. 2x, 4x, 8x then my window also runs smooth?!? is it more a driver issue?

RGF(Posted 2009) [#4]
Yes, I remember having similar problems with my system (ASUS HD 4850) when ASUS display doctor was installed, with anti aliasing set to: app setting. Driver issue.