Just broke my Blitz3D >:(

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Just broke my Blitz3D >:(

Vorderman(Posted 2009) [#1]
I've been trying to fix a persistant DInput problem that was causing lots of games to not work, and finally sorted it by reverting to old dinput.dll and dinput8.dll, and also installing the new .net4 beta.

However, now all my games are working but Blitz is broken. Even a brand new 1.64 install gives this error whne trying to run the IDE:

"Compiler Environment error : unable to open runtime.dll"

I've got 1.01 and 1.98 installations and they're both broken also. Typically Blitz is very good at just running from its directory without even needing to be installed, but now all 3 of my B3Ds are broken in one go.

Anyone know what has been broken here so I can fix it?

Vorderman(Posted 2009) [#2]
Update : removing .net4 and reinstalling .net3.5 sp1 makes no difference - B3D's IDE still won't run.

H E L P !!!!

Vorderman(Posted 2009) [#3]
OK, fixed it - "dinput8.dll" was the problem - using an older version allows my games to run correctly, the new one for some reason causes a DirectInput problem and prevents everything running, including the Game Controllers control panel applet and the new Batman game demo.

the older version of "dinput.dll" was preventing Blitz running. So now I've got both files the right way round (old "dinput8.dll" and new "dinput.dll") and everything seems to be working OK.

Phew. I hate Windows.

Zethrax(Posted 2009) [#4]
Glad you got it fixed. Which version of Windows was this problem occurring on?

steve_ancell(Posted 2009) [#5]
Good job Vorderman... Make sure you put that in the Bug Reports section ;)

Vorderman(Posted 2009) [#6]
This was on WindowsXP.

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#7]
Did you try EnableDirectInput(False) ?