Blitz 3D is Not Respomding

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Blitz 3D is Not Respomding

PowerMeep(Posted 2009) [#1]
So i've been using the demo for several years now, recently more than ever. i have demo version 1.83, if thats significant. worked great and i really enjoy using this software.

the other day i decide to buy the full version of the program. yay me. set up the order form, paid my 100 dolla, and now...

nothing

Blitz 3D opens just fine. i get the help screen. but if i click on "new" or "open" , the program just locks up. im not sure why, only that it does.

the demo still runs like a charm.

here's some random stats:

Blitz3D ver 1.99

Vista64
2.66GHz QuadCore
NVIDIA 9800 (2 of them)
4GB RAM
and ill provide more later because im lazy like that.

PowerMeep(Posted 2009) [#2]
Ummmmm... nvm its working now. but just to give peeps something to do when they come here, what are some things that can cause that?

or as a second option, heres some 2d code that cause a sound to loop uncontrollably:

For F.boomer = Each boomer
For b. bullet = Each bullet
If ImagesCollide (img_bullet, b\x, b\y, 0, Img_boomer, f\x, f\y, 0)
f\health = f\health - 1
Delete b
If f\health <= 0
PlaySound Snd_boomsound

p.explode = New explode
p\x = f\x
p\y = f\y
p\time = 10

Delete F

Num_zombies = Num_zombies - 1
Num_killed = Num_killed + 1
Num_specials = num_specials - 1

Exit
EndIf
EndIf
Next
Next

whereas this code works just fine

For s.smoker = Each smoker
For b. bullet = Each bullet
If ImagesCollide (img_bullet, b\x, b\y, 0, Img_smoker, s\x, s\y, 0)
s\health = s\health - 1
If s\health <= 0
c.cloud = New cloud
c\x = s\x
c\y = s\y
c\life = 500

PlaySound snd_smokerdeath
Num_zombies = Num_zombies - 1
Num_killed = Num_killed + 1
Num_specials = num_specials - 1
Delete s
EndIf
Delete b

Exit
EndIf
Next
Next

thank you have a great day good bye!

Floyd(Posted 2009) [#3]
There was some talk about Blitz3D conflicting with Wacom drivers on Vista. I don't have Vista or a graphics tablet so I can't offer any detailed advice.

But in general do you have any "unusual" hardware that might need more a more recent driver?

PowerMeep(Posted 2009) [#4]
im not sure to which question you are answering, but the answers are :

disable administrative privilages
check Data execution prevention

and

corrupted sound file. replacing it solves the loop.

yes i do have a tablet. but i went into services and disabled the one that starts up all the goofy wisptis stuff that interferes with blitz. i can still use the tablet, and none of that stupid windows journal spams my screen. yay!

i also really appreciate the support im getting. i do not regret this purchase! :)

Floyd(Posted 2009) [#5]
im not sure to which question you are answering

I meant the "not responding" IDE. It might get so slow that it seems unresponsive.

PowerMeep(Posted 2009) [#6]
i think Vista automatically declares a program "Not Responding" after a patient 5 seconds of waiting...whatever the case is, it seemed to go away after i fiddled with the permissions a little bit.

GfK(Posted 2009) [#7]
User account control in Vista will pretty much kill anything that wants to write to its own folder in Program Files.

So either install to the root of C:, turn UAC off (it really is pointless anyway), or as you say, "fiddle with permissions".

Oh, and just as an aside, its better to ask questions in one of the main programming forums first. Posting stuff in the bug forum that's not actually a bug, just clutters the place up and makes it harder for BRL to sniff out the real issues.