Feature request for clearworld()

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Feature request for clearworld()

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#1]
I know Bltz3D is been around awhile, but i was wondering if it would be possible to have a way to use clearworld() without removing specific things.

Somthing like CopyWorld() and PasteWorld(), where pasting would remove all texture, entities and brushes that were not captured in copyworld()

Would be helpful, to me at least :)

Bobysait(Posted 2009) [#2]
If you use a good type structure for you game, maybe, you can inject a "Static" field, and clearworld, then rebuild in your type list the "static" entities.
Then, you delete every type that is not declared as static.
This need to have a pointer to the file and/or structure for the entity/texture, so after a ClearWorld , you know "where" to load the file to rebuild.

With this kind of structure, you also can switch graphicsmode with less difficulties. You just have to refresh the entity/texture list after the graphics lost/change.

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#3]
I would prefer the above feature, but if Mark doesnt want to do it then thats that :)

I could take all my "first load" objects and make a "renew game" function to reload them all in sequence but i think the feature request is still a better way to do it , since you remove unwanted assets instead of removing everything then reloading half.

Im not suggesting the feature do anything with the assets, simply that it doesnt remove them when you call clearworld (or pasteworld :) )