GPU Fan control

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/GPU Fan control

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2009) [#1]
Is there any way to write a program in blitz that you can use to control fan speeds on GPUs. I really want to make one so i can customize the speeds to accommodate what i am doing.

_33(Posted 2009) [#2]
You won't be able to do this in Blitz. Only some select tools are able to play with fan speeds, and it differ depending on if you have an ATI or an Nvidia. So, you're obviously in the wrong type of forum for this. I'd suggest posting your request at techpowerup:
http://forums.techpowerup.com/

Rroff(Posted 2009) [#3]
There are dlls that rivatuner, etc. use for this that you might be able to wrap the functions for... a lot of it depends on GPU to GPU tho you might with some cards be able to simply call an API from the driver dll files for others you may need fairly low level code...

Its not impossible to do in blitz but at some point you are going to almost deffinatly need some external code maybe even having to write a dll yourself.

xtremegamr(Posted 2009) [#4]
Just out of curiosity: Why would you want to mess around with your GPU's Fan? If you aren't careful, you might just end up frying your GPU!

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2009) [#5]
I was just wondering because i have become annoyed with the current software for my fan, i have 2 9800 gtx+'s in sli (nvidia)