3ds grass model

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/3ds grass model

A51M15X(Posted 2009) [#1]
I have a decent looking 3ds grass model, but it only covers a small area. Is there a way i can use copies of that same model to cover the entire area?

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#2]
CopyEntity(mesh)

A51M15X(Posted 2009) [#3]
I know that, but how do you make it so the copied entities cover the whole area.

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#4]
Copy it lots and lots.

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#5]
randomically move a pivot along this "terrain" or ground you wanna populate, the LinePick from it down below to intersect with the ground, and then position a clone of the grass model at the PickedX() Y() Z() and align it with AlignToVector Grass,PickedNX() NY() NZ(),2.

Although Copying it is good, perhaps when you reach a big number of grasses you'll begin to notice a slight slowdown. You'll need to employ ways to optimize it (like putting textured quads instead of full meshes for grasses at great distances, and clusters of single-surface meshes).

Blitzplotter(Posted 2009) [#6]

Although Copying it is good, perhaps when you reach a big number of grasses you'll begin to notice a slight slowdown. You'll need to employ ways to optimize it (like putting textured quads instead of full meshes for grasses at great distances, and clusters of single-surface meshes).

This is great advice, I was pondering recently how to go about this very thing recently without slowdown - thanks.

A51M15X(Posted 2009) [#7]
thx guys