Waypoint editor test.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Waypoint editor test.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#1]
I thought i'd start a new thread, rather than using a title for help.

Ok, here is it:

[UPDATED AGAIN] Fixed a few bugs with the GUI, and created basic instructions for the functioning modes. Posted new link below]
[UPDATED: inserted waypoint now goes exactly where you click on the line, unless you hold the LEFT CTRL key, in which case, it goes bang in the middle.]

http://www.rosscrooks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Level_Editor_v0_83.zip

Unfortunelty, no tool tips and no save function yet. The instruction are now in the zip file, as an image file.

Remember, you don't need to use any of the modes. If you click on the mode again, it will unselect, taking you back to normal mode.

Please report any weirdness if you give it a try.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#2]
nice.

ill try later

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#3]
I could, but I won't.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#4]
Why post then? Do you have a problem with me?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#5]
not me.

its just im busy w/ my character creator. but i can test now if u want me to :)

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#6]
I'l give it a good test run a bit later.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#7]
Thanks. Not directioned at you DSW. Directed at Kryzon. Seems like a strange thing to type. Anything thanks. It's mainly for other people's benefit anyway. I just felt like sharing it.

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#8]
When placing / moving the waypoints all went smooth. However, when I was playing around with linking and inserting some, I'm not sure how, but somehow I managed to lock the program up.

All I got from the debug log was that
app_sub_mode (or something) was -1
After that, no mouse clicks seemed to work.

It's a little hard for me to follow through some of the code (Not your fualt, you've done a fantastic job of annotating and commenting it all) but some more descriptive debuglog messages would really help for the testing.

The different colours for the planes is a good touch :)

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#9]
hey ross.

u mind testing my characreator?

u know where to find it

;)

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#10]
I was just kidding around; don't take as an offense :D

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#11]
looks neat.. but i need a help file to know what im doing with it :)

good work.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#12]
Thanks guys :)

Sorry Kryzon :P Irritable mood earlier :) Thanks guys, i'll put together a help file and try and make the debuglog messages better. Thanks for testing thus far.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#13]
nice work, ross!

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#14]
Downloading your editor now. I'll give it a whirl and post in your other thread.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#15]
Sorry Malice, i can't seem to break the GUI or the application. Can you tell me more about what you were doing when it crashed.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#16]
Ok, i found a few bugs with the GUI. I wasn't checking if the mouse was over the GUI in some modes, which caused the code to try and link -1 (an array slot) to a waypoint or vise verse. I have updated the link again.

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#17]
Really I was just clicking varous icons with no particular purpose!
So not suprising I might have stumbled onto an unforseen bug!

I do recall one of the waypoints' "selected" square had turned red.