Path Finding?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Path Finding?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi all. As you all know, Im developing an rpg.

in that rpg, i would like an easy, efficient way to do pathfinding.

now. does ANYONE know where i can get a lib that does just that, only ur able to use it on not only a cube, but planes, a level, a sphere, w/e?

Thanks!

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#2]
You'tr struggling with enough in your chracter generator, and you want to tackle some 3D pathfinding?
I don't mean to sound rude, but I think it's not a good idea.

As for whether a 'easy, efficient 3D-fix-all-library' exists for it, I would think not, otherwise we'd all eb using it, right?

There's some great examples oin the code archives for 2D which actually suit 3D very well considering that generally, people don't fly, or get from the bottom of a hill to the top without walking up a sloping side.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#3]
i beg to differ.

i found a 3d pathfinding code.

i just dont know how to use it on anything other than 3d cubes and stuff..

so yea

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#4]
Pathfinding is VERY specific to your individual needs. It needs to generally be tailored around your project, and as such, no lib will really help you out much, without understanding exactly whats' going on.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#5]
i see.

well would it helped if i posted the link to where i found the 2d / 3d pathfinding demo?

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#6]
It may do, but you would aslo need to be sure and describe exactly what your pathfinding requirements are. How would it need to integtate with your current engine? etc.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#7]
ok