Music streaming

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Music streaming

Nike(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi, I'm trying to make a internet radio server and client and i need help getting the music from the server to the client with tcp. My server is in Blitz Plus and my client is in Blitz3D. If I click play song, and someone gets on there client and minute later, I would like them to hear a minute in the the song. Any idea how to do this?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2009) [#2]
Is it just me or was this kind of confusing? What do you mean, hear a minute in a song?

Nike(Posted 2009) [#3]
Here is an example:
1:00 PM I turn on radio server
1:00 PM A client logs on at the same time.
1:01 PM Another client logs on but they hear what they would hear if
they logged on at 1:00

OR

Think of your radio in your car. Your radio is the client and the brodcasting tower is the server. When the tower starts brodcasting, the songs start but when you turn on your radio, the songs dont restart.

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#4]
Or lets say you and a friend want to hook up to go for a walk. Your friend has already left to go meet you. One minute after your friend gets to the meeting spot, you go out to meet your friend. You notice your friend already walking without you.

What your friend sees. You are already walking with him/her, 1 minute away from the meeting point.

What you see is. Your friend has already left and you are still waiting.

Out of sync much?

SytzeZ(Posted 2009) [#5]
Blitz3D isn't able to play streaming audio, unless you have a dll for it

Nike(Posted 2009) [#6]
Can someone make a dll for me please?

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#7]
I'm personally still not sure what you're asking for (none of the possibilities I come up with seem to make sense), but since you've mentioned Blitz3D as the client, and the word "streaming" keeps coming up, I humbly direct you toward Abrexxes' pants-wettingly good Blitz Bass Studio library. It even includes a DLL, if that helps. :o)

SytzeZ(Posted 2009) [#8]
Why do you want to have streaming audio in a Blitz3D program?
If you want to create an online radio station, you can go to the Shoutcast website. They have a plugin for winamp so you can create a streaming radio station for free.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#9]
blah. i edited DreamPlayer 2.5 for that reason. u can play radio files AS LONG as theres ONE line in it that contains an ip and port :P or website and port :P

If the creator of DreamPlayer says its ok to release it, I will. :)

Also, u should take blitsytze advice.

Because DreamPlayer will only work when ur HOSTING a radio station. :)

Hope I was some help :)

~DS~