Execfile() webfile, auto saving ?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Execfile() webfile, auto saving ?

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#1]
Is there a simple way to hook the command prompt from IE, when you execfile("http://whatever.com/thisfile.fil")

you get open/close/save..

I would like to have the blitz app, choose to save in a specific path.. is this possible, perhaps through users32 or somthing.

If you have any info on this I would appreciate it, thanks

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#2]
For now I can make this work , by simulating keypresses (ie hitting S for the (S)ave option, making the app type in the path and filename, and hitting alt_s again. But I was searching for a way to have windows do this, my way can be interrupted by a user.

Warner(Posted 2009) [#3]
In the code archives, there is a routine called BlitzGet. It downloads a file from an URL. There are multiple versions (BlitzGet and BlitzGet Deluxe). A while back, I tried one of them and I was able to download a .mp3 from my site and save it to disk.

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#4]
Yes, I've used the BlitzGet stuff. It works really well. Essentially, you can obtain any file accessible on the net. It has some built in checks for end of file / connection issues or not found etc. too, as well as allowing for any required usernames/passwords. (Though I'd recommend some form of encryption on your program if you are logging on somewhere!)

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#5]
Thanks, works great