Blitz3D Update 1101 Now Available...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Blitz3D Update 1101 Now Available...

marksibly(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi,

Blitz3D update 1101 is now available from the product updates section of the account page.

This versions fixes a problem with CopyEntity and boned transparent meshes.

It shouldn't affect anything else - please test HARD!

Unfortunately, it appears to break the fasttext and fastextension libraries. These appear to poke and peek things at a very low level, so I have no idea what's up. To the best of my knowledge, no 'struct offsets' have changed, but god knows what else these libs do...hopefully the author will have 1101 fixes up soon.

puki(Posted 2009) [#2]
Touch my Large!

puki(Posted 2009) [#3]
Wait a minute!

How does "Sibly" know it breaks FastExtension?

He's got it. That is why. He loves it!

I smell the Promised Land of Blitz3D v2.

FlagDKT(Posted 2009) [#4]
Because I told him :)
thx god I convinced Mark to fix that copyentity bug.. eheh

puki(Posted 2009) [#5]
Who cares about the bug? I was never affected by it.

We have an update!

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#6]
Thank you for the upgrade.

Hey FlagDKT, what was wrong with CopyEntity?

puki(Posted 2009) [#7]
Best log it here that "Yasha's" creating bones in code is apparantly broken:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=2485

EDIT: although, that is probably to be expected.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#8]
Great to see Mark. Looking forward to getting hooked on Max

Cheers

MikhailV(Posted 2009) [#9]
Mark, great work, thanks!
I will necessarily adjust libraries for work with a new update.

p.s. I wish to suggest to add new possibilities (which are accessible in my libraries) in new version of the Blitz3D. I can give source-files to you and explain - how it works. I wish to make the Blitz3D better!

Ian Thompson(Posted 2009) [#10]
I wish to make the Blitz3D better!

...now this sounds promising! :D

John Blackledge(Posted 2009) [#11]
Good - coordination between Mikhail and Mark.

But this does mean that 1101 does not get installed until then.

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#12]
Phew, it's a good thing I haven't bought FastTest and/or FastExtension.. yet.. if I ever do at all.

Mike0101(Posted 2009) [#13]
I can't wait for the updated fastext.

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#14]
Phew, it's a good thing I haven't bought FastTest and/or FastExtension.. yet.. if I ever do at all.

Lets not be over dramatic, updates break mods all the time in many various packages, its not unexpected. MikhailV has already spoken up.

The only time this should be a concern is when the author of the mod stops supporting it. Thats not the case here. I would still recommend anyone active with Blitz3D buy the fastext packages

Hey FlagDKT, what was wrong with CopyEntity? .

I never knew there was a problem with copyentity either, what was it ?

FlagDKT(Posted 2009) [#15]
It is an Alpha issue on "entitycopied" entities, with alphablended surfaces disappearing in certain situations, and EntityAlpha command not working properly on these objects.

Barnabius(Posted 2009) [#16]
The best course of action would be the inclusion of MikhailV's libraries into the Blitz3D. I am sure he and Mark can come to an amicable agreement. That would be the best solution for all Blitz3D users.

Barney

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#17]
It would also cut down MikhailV's business, Barnabius.

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#18]
I remember when I tried using entityalpha to let the player know they have just spawned on the Gorilla game that I was working on (taking a long break to work on other projects), certain player models would disappear. I had the player use CopyEntity to copy from one animmesh and if one mesh changed it's alpha, they all would change. Is this one of the things it fixes?

FlagDKT(Posted 2009) [#19]
Changing entityalpha on a copiedentity mesh could cause a vanish effect, but I don't think it would affect all other mesh instances at the same time.

Ian Thompson(Posted 2009) [#20]
Making Blitz3D a little more internally extensible, possibly exposing the DX7 pipeline in some way?

Barnabius(Posted 2009) [#21]
It would also cut down MikhailV's business, Barnabius.

I am very much aware of it and that is why I said "...he and Mark can come to an amicable agreement".

Barney

MikhailV(Posted 2009) [#22]
Mark does not answer my letter :( I think, my offer is not interesting for Mark...

CodeGit(Posted 2009) [#23]
He could at least answer!!!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2009) [#24]
He's kind of "Clint Eastwood of the Programmers" - don't expect too many words.
Thanks for the update, Mark!

Abrexxes(Posted 2009) [#25]
He's kind of "Clint Eastwood of the Programmers"

lol
thx Mark

Virtech(Posted 2009) [#26]
Still missing working Antialiasing, sigh ://

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#27]
having some of the fast libs with b3d would definitely give it a boost! and thanks for the update!

Axel Wheeler(Posted 2009) [#28]
Hate to bump, but shouldn't this be a sticky, and shouldn't the currently out of date stickys be, uh, un-stickeyed (greased? slicked?) ?

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#29]
Well, since the versions are all available ion the updates page, it's common sense to check there if it's been a while since you last looked. Otherwise, it's just a note to mention when the update's actually released. Details of the updates are given with the download notes, so the informaiton is all there.