possible contract work- UK

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/possible contract work- UK

shawnus(Posted 2009) [#1]
Apologies if this is the wrong forum. I may require a UK based blitz3d programmer to 'clean up' my code & incorporate new functionality which I will specify (specifically relating to collision detection). Proficiency with a 3D package that will export to .3DS would be great as well but is not a dependency. I would prefer to meet as well if possible, hence the 'UK based' requirement.

I wonder if it would please be possible to just initially get an idea of the going rate?

cheers, Shawnus

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#2]
For a going rate, i'd say about £10 an hour would be a fair deal. It depends on how long you'd need that person though, and what kind of work. It would be handy to specify in more detail, as someone may take the work initially, then you ask for something that they don't have the skills to do.

Mortiis(Posted 2009) [#3]
I would love to work with you as I'm unemployed and have all the time in the world right now, though I live in Turkey not UK.

Yasha(Posted 2009) [#4]
I'm in the UK (Bristol) and will work for free - but that ought to give you an idea of just how competent with Blitz I'm not. Like Mortiis, I have nothing better to do.

shawnus(Posted 2009) [#5]
ok, thanks. I have fairly basic skills & determination but I simply take too long (& will soon be too busy) to convert user requirements into reliable code, and would like to base my enquiries around the premise that someone who is very proficient, experienced & quick with Blitz3d would be able to spend a few hours/days here & there working on an ad-hoc basis, therefore I guess I would need to see some examples of their work via their website if poss.

Those who may not wish to post their rates here can contact me directly:

shawn@...

cheers, Shawnus

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#6]
Your having a laugh Yasha? You just unlocked the ability to put bones into blitz models, in real time. I'd bite his hand off shawnus :P

Sake906(Posted 2009) [#7]
Hmm this is a nice offer as I'm very used to Blitz3D, I might even be able to clean up other type of code as well. I don't live in the UK but I can move to London anytime, since I have close family living there.

shawnus(Posted 2009) [#8]
Hi all,

There is a fair amount of 'legacy' code to wade through which has evolved over time & to be honest the project may require several major sections of code revision to accommodate future functionality, which is why I would prefer a face to face meeting.

However I guess its fairly (or can be) well commented so is amenable to remote 'diagnosis & treatment' by someone based outside the UK.

Please dont hesitate to contact me (as above)- I am off for a few days so will reply to any responses on or around the 1st/2nd June.

Thanks all,

Cheers, Shawnus