How to use a Database from within Blitz3D ?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/How to use a Database from within Blitz3D ?

semar(Posted 2009) [#1]
All,
is there any DLL lib I can use to access a local database from within Blitz3D ?

I need a small storage, but storing the data in a file is not a really good option, beause I need also to use SQL language.

Is there any available library I can use for this purpose, that sits nicely togheter with Blitz3D ?

Regards,
Sergio.

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#2]
Could ETNA perhaps be of use?

Etna stands for Easy daTabase Network Access. This library helps to connect to a web database of type PHP/MySql (other database type should work as well). This library may be used with all versions of Blitz (BlitzBasic, BlitzPlus, Blitz3D AND BlitzMax), as well as PureBasic, DELPHI and C++.

GfK(Posted 2009) [#3]
Etna stands for Easy daTabase Network Access
Wonder why they didn't call it Edna?

semar(Posted 2009) [#4]
This library helps to connect to a web database of type PHP/MySql

Well I use Etna exactly for that, to remotely read and update a MySql database via PHP.

MySql requires a running MySql server - like the one built in Apache Web server for example.

But this is not what I'm looking for for my current application, which need a tiny local database, like MS Access.

I've heard of Cheetah db, but can't find any Blitz source sample about it.

Any help/suggestion greately appreciated :)

Sergio.

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#5]
Fair enough.

How about Kanati's BlitzData userlib (available from that link with his other released libs)?

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#6]
Wonder why they didn't call it Edna?

From three years ago (v1.0):
For the name: yes, the reason is the ETNA volcano in Sicilia and just to give a nice name to this lib! EDNA was not sounding so good, and we were lucky not to choose that name when I see the above photograph ;-) (which was a photograph of Dame Edna - Ed)

ZJP(Posted 2009) [#7]
Hi,
Cheetah Db, ( dBase) here :
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=45509

JP

semar(Posted 2009) [#8]
Do someone has a working code example that shows Blitz3D in action with Cheetah DB - for example, query a table ?

Cheers,
Sergio.