..im stuck..help..

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/..im stuck..help..

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#1]
..hi guys..well..after more than 12 hours in front of computer, working on some animations for cut scenes, I feel Im totally stuck and cant properly add 2 numbers, so if anyone can shortly post solution for this Ill appreciate it a lot..her it is..

as it is, returning Yaw value (if we rotation entity right to left), going to be from 0 to 180 and then -180 to 0..now I need function that will return to me not this angle value but increased value if keep spinning right to left, or decreased if going opposite..so, it should go 0 to infinity long as you spinning in right to left or up to -infinite after reach 0, if turning left to right

Im just total brainlock and cant get it working out..any helpful post will be apreciated...in maintime, im going to get some food..and air..and liquid...damn...who said developing games is cutie :)

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#2]
Firstly, i'm making the assumption that your entity will not turn more than 90 degrees in one frame?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#3]
nope...i just need value, and its always going to be gradually as a float value..no jumps..i just need increased or decreased same value, depending on spinning direction..in both direction is +/- infinite, or better say, no need to be locked down to 360 degrees or -360 degrees..its just going all way up or down, regardles value( there is a limit but it will not be reached)..

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#4]
Well, surely a global variable holding the Yaw value is all you need? Just add or subract the resulting yaw values? Or is there more to this?