Multiple B3D in to one

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Multiple B3D in to one

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#1]
..hi guys..I have bunch of animations as separated B3D files, and i wanna combine them all in to one B3D file..is there any proggy around capable of doing such thing?

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#2]
Have you tried pacemaker? I'm not sure about UU either. I'll need to try it at home, as it has a merge feature, but i'm unsure how it will treat the animations...

Pacemaker is worth a shot and it's free.

Ian Thompson(Posted 2009) [#3]
FragMotion allows you to 'merge animations' and supports B3D... not used this option but it looks simple enough.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#4]
..thanks guys..what i want is all animations of one character, to be in one timeline...I was unable to successfuly do that with 3dsmax, or better say, i did it but somehow, some animations are screwed and I got some bad motions over some of them, most probably due using mixer on unapropriate way, but visiting forums and talking with some folks doesnt help since none of them dont know whats causing issue..so, since I have all animations already exported as a B3D, i wanted to simply put all those B3D animations in to one timeline and export as a one B3D(per character)..

Ill give it a go with Fragmotion, where i can get it anyway?? Any demo or something I can try?

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#5]
http://www.fragmosoft.com/

It's free i'm sure too.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2009) [#6]
Pacemaker can do that. First load the model and then from the file menu select "Load Sequence" - select ".B3D" from the drop down and then load the sequence required. It will appear as a new animation sequence. Once all the sequences have been loaded save the model with all the sequences in one file.

El Gigante de Yeso(Posted 2009) [#7]
Naughty Alien, did you use 3D Studio MAX to create the model and animations? You can always use the Load Animation/Save Animation options in the File menu. That's how I did it when I needed to.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#8]
Nice Ricky!

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#9]
@El Gigante de yeso

..yeah..im using 3dsmax, however, its not that straightforward to blend multiple animations in to one timeline, especially if you have bipeds for body and bones for lipsync..but I figured it out, so its all working within 3dsmax...

problem with load/save animations is mixer, where bones in combination with bipeds, cant maintain orientation and gets screwed all around and mixer couldnt managed that..so what i did is convert bipeds in to bones after animation is done, and then bake whole animation sequence in to keyframed animation and things then working like a charm..

anyway, thanks my good guys for fast response...and this is nice pointing Ricky..Ill take a look at Pacemaker thingy...not bad to know one way more to make things work :)

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#10]
have you checked the exporters?

You can use my exporter, load them all into b3d, put them all as kids to a pivot and export them. I think my one only does static meshes but it should be quite simple to add the anmation 'chunks'. There may even be another exporter in there that does what you want already :/