Online highscore doesn`t work

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Online highscore doesn`t work

Blitzblaster(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi Blitz User,

Can you tell me what is wrong or i`m blind or whatever. Please help!

hs=HighScore("playsmallgames.de","/abiscore/iscore.php","?user=" + besterscorename$ + "&score=" +score,80)

the folder with the php is not read and write protected. And the folder too. The URL is http://www.playsmallgames.de/abiscore/iscore.php

Nothing happends, when i have a better score.

Thanks!

Blitzblaster

xtremegamr(Posted 2009) [#2]
I can't really help unless you post the source code for the HighScore() function, as well as the PHP file.

4pac(Posted 2009) [#3]
Blitzblaster,

as far as I guess from your not really easy-to-read words you are talking about the "iScore" script by Bruzard to create and maintain php based online highscore lists. That shouldnīt be so hard to fix, because Bruzards "iScore" is really a very, very simple script. Thatīs basicly why itīs worth a look after all - because itīso simple to handle. Otherwise you might want to code such a small function by yourself.

The logic of the "iScore" PHP code is so obvious that even a programmer who is not used to PHP but only to BASIC languages should be able to read and maintain it. I used it quite a couple of times and never experienced any trouble.

I guess itīs a job of a couple of minutes to fix your problem, assuming at least basic programming knowledge (which of course, as far as I know you, you lack). But you might just want to post a little bit more code and we can help you fixing your problem.

You post

- the whole BB HighScore() function
- the BB code line where the function is called
- the whole php code
- Screenshot or other exact information on CHMOD values of concerned directories & files

I witness that you are trying to fix that problem for a couple of months now. That has not been necessary. I am looking forward to help you, and so the forum is. All you need to do is ask.

4pac