Default IDE slow down using Vista

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Default IDE slow down using Vista

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#1]
I`ve just started to use Blitz3D (default IDE) with Vista and the IDE seems to slow down when editing large source files.

Scrolling, loading and highlighting all seem fine but if I try to edit anything it takes a few seconds for words I type to appear on the screen. Is this a known problem or does anyone know why this might be happening? I do not recall this happening before on XP.

I have had similar problems with the BMax IDE recently as mentioned in another thread.

Incidentally, the problem does not exist if I use a third party IDE such as IDEal.

Any ideas? Thanks for any advice.

Jason.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that the code file I`m using consists of around 1500 lines if that helps at all.

MikhailV(Posted 2009) [#2]
Problem not in IDE, problem in OS.

Nice_But_Dim(Posted 2009) [#3]
Just keep using IDEal QuickSilva the best for Blitz3D in my opinion.

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#4]
I do use IDEal mostly but I still like the default IDE sometimes.

Why would the OS be causing the problem?

Jason.

Uber Jase(Posted 2009) [#5]
I tried IDEal on Vista just now. I like it but I have a big problem:( When I click on 'refresh definations' I get an error message and it doesn't update the list, so autocomplete doesn't work on custom things like fastlib commands. Anyone Know if there is a fix/workaround?

Thanks
UJ

simonh(Posted 2009) [#6]
QuickSilva - do you have a Wacom tablet driver or another graphics tablet driver installed? Uninstalling my Wacom driver fixed this issue for me, and the Blitz3D IDE went from being treacle-like to as smooth as butter.

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#7]
I am using a Wacom simonh, I`ll give that a try and see if it makes a difference. I need my Wacom though so it would prove to be annoying if that is the cause.

Jason.

simonh(Posted 2009) [#8]
Yes it is annoying but unfortunately it's out of our hands somewhat. I do believe there was a Wacom driver that fixed this, but then the newest one seems to have reverted to the old behaviour.

Tobo(Posted 2009) [#9]
I get the same slow-down: bloody annoying!

No wacom tablet here, though.

T

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#10]
I`ve since uninstalled my Wacom just to test and it still seems to be doing the same thing unfortunetly. Thanks for the glimmer of hope though ;)

Jason.