Great game... rotten graphics - HELP!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Great game... rotten graphics - HELP!

NeilH(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi All,

I'm just putting the finishing touches to a 2D shoot-em up that I am writing. I have the majority of the code completed, and the game plays like a dream. The only thing is I'm useless at graphics and it looks dreadful!

It's currently running under the guise of a Lethal Xcess (Wings of Death 2) retro remake - but that might change.

Are you any good at graphics and want to be part of the project?

Thanks
NeilH

Stevie G(Posted 2009) [#2]
You're more likely to get a response if you post some screenies ( however bad ) or better still a short demo or video of it in action.

NeilH(Posted 2009) [#3]
No problems... here is a link (hopefully) to the alpha version.

Lethal Xcess Alpha

Most Weapons are implemented, with the exception of Hunter, Seeker & Wiper (am working on those at the moment).
Alien formations are also being worked on a the moment.
Collision detection for aliens/player 1 is switched off to make testing easier!

Please post any comments you have

Thanks
NeilH

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#4]
The graphics don't look particulary bad. I have seen ALOT worse. My screen seems to fill up with garbage data. Is this done in blitz3d?

NeilH(Posted 2009) [#5]
Hi Ross,

Yes it's Blitz3d, although I'm not using any 3D stuff (no 2d in 3d etc), all just blitting to the screen.

Thanks for the offer to do the pixels, I'll send over the info shortly as to what I need etc.

Thanks
NeilH

Mortiis(Posted 2009) [#6]
Are you paying? I'm not interested as I'm not that perfect with 2D either but it may lure more people :)

BTW the ship goes back faster and hitting the bottom of the screen doesn't reset it's speed... Reach the bottom of the screen and keep pressing down for a while then try to go forward and you shall understand.

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#7]
Sometimes I couldn't shoot after getting a new weapon, like the rocket.