Nuclear Glory Collision DLL

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Nuclear Glory Collision DLL

Sake906(Posted 2009) [#1]
This one appears on the BlitzBasic toolbox list, but when I get to their site it says "Current languages supported: Dark Basic PRO and C++" ... Could anybody please confirm if the wrapper for this DLL to work on B3D has been made and included on the package? just before we purchase it...

Reference: http://nuclearglory.com/products/ngc/

GfK(Posted 2009) [#2]
People here are using it (do a forum search), but you'd be better off asking these questions on the NG forums.

Sake906(Posted 2009) [#3]
there appears to be a wrapper made only for version 2.X, now where can I find both the 2.X version and said wrapper?

PS Please, avoid suggesting to use a physics engine at all, I am tired of having that as a response. I by no means want a physics engine: I simply want basic collision checks which are what NG apparently provides.

GfK(Posted 2009) [#4]
PS Please, avoid suggesting to use a physics engine at all, I am tired of having that as a response.
Not sure what the attitude is for? I never said anything about physics - just trying to answer the question.

Did you read the thread I linked to? It says if you buy it you get v2.x and v4.x.
The current price is $24.95 USD. And this entitles you to the v2.03 version, the v4 version, and the v5 version (if we do indeed go with making a 5th version).

Sake906(Posted 2009) [#5]
Sorry about that, It was just said for any possible reply on that subject (mostly because I am used to have that as a reply), not necessarily linked to yours.

I have read many threads on that board, all seem to make clear there is only an early version for Blitz3D.

GfK(Posted 2009) [#6]
Yep, there is. I'd assume the Blitz3D wrapper is included with the package but don't quote me on that.

It sounds like version 5 will have a Blitz3D wrapper added at some point but if they don't get around to doing it for v5, they'll do it for the existing v4. That said, they said that almost a year ago.

SabataRH(Posted 2009) [#7]
I can confirm they do have the blitz3d wrapper in the package. We used Nuke Glory for Astro Miner.

http://www.gothagames.com/index.php

By the way, awesome collision library that.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#8]
@Swampdonkey
What package you did purchase exactly, that contain wrapper?? Have you request that wrapper to be in the main package or it is included by default?

SabataRH(Posted 2009) [#9]
NGC v4.02 but the blitz3d isnt in the latest package, you have to send him an email asking for the package before that to get the b3d wrapper.

As far as i know 4.02 wont work with blitz3d but the previous does.

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#10]
If it's not like the sliding system that blitz3D has (which I think repositions the objects when there's a collision detected, while it should NOT make them go back and instead just perform the sliding - making them go back causes this flicker-like effect), and has real quick ray-picking, then I guess this is the ultimate solution for real time collision detection in B3D apps.
I'm not sure if it's easy to use though (the Coldet wrapper sure is messy to your average B3D laymen like me).

SabataRH(Posted 2009) [#11]
Its really simple to use, it mimics the standard blitz3d collisions commands so there's not really a lot you have to 're-learn'. If you need dynamic collision then this is the lib to use, if you just need normal collisions then blitz3d's system is more than adequate. As far as I could tell there's no benefit in speed using either method so it comes down to 'if you need the additional collision feature' or not.

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#12]
It appears you have become this topic's unofficial "Nuclear Glory's spokesman". I can't help but ask you two more questions:
- What you mean with dynamic collision?
- Does the sliding response in Nuclear Glory have the same flickering effect as does the Blitz3D one?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#13]
..i was asking trough email about B3D version but so far zippo answers..are this guys working over there or not?

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#14]
- What you mean with dynamic collision?

I think he means Collision where both entities involved are moving, not just one. This was, according to traditional wisdom, the area where B3D's own collisions let it down.

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#15]
Oh, thanks Gabriel, never thought of that. That gets the first one covered.

I think we should give swampdonkey some time to answer our runoff of questions.