What's in update 1.100

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/What's in update 1.100

BLaBZ(Posted 2009) [#1]
Anybody know?

big10p(Posted 2009) [#2]
A simple bug fix for loading images of certain sizes. Nothing interesting.

Abrexxes(Posted 2009) [#3]

***** V1.100 *****

Fixed FreeIMage bug causing certain sized images to crash.

Thread: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=83088

cu

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#4]
I wonder if Mark is ever gonna put new features onto Blitz3D.

Abrexxes(Posted 2009) [#5]
you can ask this in "General Discussion"..titel "B3D needs DX11 WTF" XD

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#6]
I don't mean like re-designing the entire thing, but adding new bits and features here and there. Like, for instance, giving us the control to create Bones and assign vertices and weighting to them - which would be a boon to ".bb mesh importers" for example.
Adding a "SetFrame" kinda thing, which would automatically set an animated mesh to a certain frame of a specified sequence instead of us having to animate it to that certain point and then stopping it or having to extract a sequence of just that frame only to make the mesh stay like we want.
Adding EMBM and Render-To-Texture (which are native to D3D 7).
I just don't know about the other features like access to the Z-Buffer like some users requested...and I can't remember many of the requests that already have been made.

and no, I don't want to add these features by hand using the B3D SDK because I don't know C++ and I don't need to. I know these features are highly unlikely to be implemented, but still it's a good practice to give the product's author some feedback. I am satisfied with B3D, but with those features it would be even better; just that.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#7]
Mark has said in his worklog (before it disappeared) that there was a posiblity of B3D additions in the future, but only after a whole bunch of other Blitzmax / Max3D things were completed first.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#8]
..well..appart from few things mentioned, for animation management (Kryzon mentioned), i do believe that major B3D update should be control over ANIMATE command because its directly affecting application speed..for instance..I would like to have simple command ANIMATE_STOP (Entity) , ANIMATE_RESUME (Entity), or something like that...simply because, once you use ANIMATE over your character, you have no control over its updates anymore and its keep updating in your cycle until you remove it from scene what is not handy and killing FPS in no time.. when I for instance just want to be sure that character is not visible anymore and simply disable it from update. Hideentity doesnt work, in that sense (character hidden but bones keep updating)..so, to me, such control will be very very nice update for B3D and absolutely giving nice control over execution speed when animated characters are used..

FlagDKT(Posted 2009) [#9]
Up!Up!