Sprite Fade

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Sprite Fade

BLaBZ(Posted 2009) [#1]
I've noticed if the center of a sprite is off the screen it appears faded or "alpha"

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Thanks!

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#2]
I have never noticed that happening, and i don't think that is supposed to happen. Can you test this in a simple piece of code, where you just position the centre of a sprite off screen, and that'sit. Does it still happen?

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#3]
I noticed that the other day when I was just messing around with code. I thought it was a lighting problem at first but now I think it is some kind of DX7 bug.. ? it even happens when I set the entityfx to full bright

BLaBZ(Posted 2009) [#4]
I've noticed when other entities move into the sprite in just the right way, it also happens, not to sure.

BLaBZ(Posted 2009) [#5]
I figured out what the problem was, thought I'd post this for future reference if anyone comes across a similar issue..

I had an alpha textured sprite on top of another alpha'd entity, for some reason the alpha textured sprite become "extra alpha'd" in certain areas

John Blackledge(Posted 2009) [#6]
Yeah, the old 'alpha on top of alpha problem'.

I once had an alph'd river and alpha'd treeleaves in the same scene which caused the alpha'd river to visually 'punch' through the river bank.
Yuk - messy.

I took the alpha off the treeleaves and the problem ceased.

Also, with alpha'd trees the back leaves can often show through the front leaves.

One thing I would like for any B3D update would be proper alpha-sorting.
- Mark?