I'm looking for help

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/I'm looking for help

fireshadow4126(Posted 2009) [#1]
i'd like help on these topics

1: AI programming
2: Explosions (make this very detailed

i'm programming a demo of a game i'm making where there is a terrain
that is basically a forest of spikes.

i want there to be missiles that fly around without hitting the spikes, sometimes heading for the player, sometimes just flying
i want the player to be able to set a remote bomb, which i can figure out myself, and have tons of fun blowing the spikes apart

please anything useful is welcome

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#2]
Learn how to program more basic stuff. Later you'll be able to figure it all out yourself. It's not THAT hard, AI might be hard, but definitely not the explosions (sprites).

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#3]
its best if you learn it yourself as GIA said

if you really do need help please be a little more specific of what you need done and maybe a little bit of code if that is what you are having trouble with ?

im glad to answer any questions for you but you cant just expect the community to write your game for you although im sure you werent aiming for that to happen. :)

Zethrax(Posted 2009) [#4]
For AI programming, I'd suggest you Google for the term "finite state machine". Also do some googling for various other AI related terms. The more you learn, the more terms you will find for further googling.

For homing missiles, see my code at: http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=2258

You may also want to take a look at the various particle systems and other related code in the toolbox and code archives sections of this site (see the sub-menu on this page).

Also, I'd suggest you browse through the various examples that come with Blitz3D. There's probably some stuff in there that will help you out.

fireshadow4126(Posted 2009) [#5]
i wasn't aiming for other people to do it for me. i just wanted somebody to explain the basics so that i could experiment with it. I already have an excellent system for explosions, but i'm not sure how to make the meshes and all that so... well, you get the picture.

fireshadow4126(Posted 2009) [#6]
ok i looked at that homing missile thing, Bill Stanbrook. It honestly looks very good. Thanks. I might edit it around a little.

Jasu(Posted 2009) [#7]
If you need AI player topics, it has been discussed here before. Here's one I remembered
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=75725