Imphenzia?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Imphenzia?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#1]
Is imphenzia still being sold? If so, is it still buyable?
if not, can someone please upload it or send a link?

~DarkShadowWing~

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#2]
anyone? =/

boomboom(Posted 2009) [#3]
? what is it?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#4]
Its a music lib in the toolbox.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#5]
please, i NEED to know. =/

GfK(Posted 2009) [#6]
Is imphenzia still being sold? If so, is it still buyable?
if not, can someone please upload it or send a link?
If the author has decided not to sell it any more, that doesn't give you the right to take it for free. If the author hasn't released it for free, and has chosen not to sell it, then you have to do without.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#7]
HEY! Backoff! I dont want it for free. Alls I wanted to know was if it was still being sold! U know, if u cant be NICE when u post, dont post at all.

GfK(Posted 2009) [#8]
HEY! Backoff! I dont want it for free.

if not, can someone please upload it

??

U know, if u cant be NICE when u post, dont post at all.
Nice? Where have I been anything but?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#9]
well then. if thats the case, is it still being sold?

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#10]
I am guessing you never bothered to visit the site and read the latest forum posts.

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#11]
Also, FYI, from the site:

YOU MAY NOT
Redistribute or sell the 'Imphenzia Audio System' or parts of the source code or any of the included music files

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#12]
Not unless you buy it. thats the whole point.

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#13]
Um... WHAT?

It has a TOOLBOX ENTRY.

In the toolbox entry, it has a LINK to the site.

At the site, it has a LINK to the download. Two links, actually (with or without examples).

http://www.imphenzia.com/soundtrack/download/ImphenziaAudioSystem_Bundle.zip

It's free to use in freeware projects (with mandatory credit), and $US20 to use it in commerical projects (credit optional) - pay for it HERE.

If you download it, you're not allowed to give it out to others by itself, or sell it to other people, but you can use it in your own software (which is kind of the point).

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#14]
the PROBLEM is that if you actually TRIED the links, they dont WORK..

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#15]

Fair call. :o) (in my defence, you'll note that you didn't mention that once)

Well, the good news is I have it. The bad news is, until the links work again , I can't post it up.

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#16]
To quote the news from the other thread:
Hey,

Very happy to hear you like the functions!

I just had a report that the links were broken on my site (thanks) so I want to report that I've fixed them now =)

See, now you could have made that report two days ago instead of waiting for someone else (ie me) to do it for you. But nooooooo...

John Blackledge(Posted 2009) [#17]
A man flying a hot air balloon realises he's lost...
He spots a man down below, so he shouts: "Excuse me. Can you help me? I promised my friends I'd meet them half an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man replies: "Yes, you are hovering at approximately 30ft above this field."
"You are between 40 & 42 degrees N, latitude, and between 58 & 60 degrees W, longitude."

"You must be an engineer," says the balloonist.
"I am," replies the man. "How do you know?"

"Well," says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what it means and I am still lost."

The man below replies: "You must be a manager."
"I am," says the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," says the man below, "you don't know where you are, or where you are going. You have made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem.
The fact is that you are in exactly the same position as you were before we met.
- But now somehow it's my fault."

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#18]
the PROBLEM is that if you actually TRIED the links, they dont WORK..
No, the problem is still that you do not read the official news posts on their forum.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#19]
links work for me

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#20]
links work for me

To be fair, you DO have to click on the links. Based on the SVN debates, clicking on something is more difficult than some of us think it is. Maybe somebody could write a tutorial for DarkShadowWing?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#21]
links dont work for me. when i click them, it takes me to a 404 error page. ginger tea, what browser do u use?

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#22]
GaryV:

Just to tie up a loose end for me, I've been looking through the site and the forums for the last couple of days looking for the "official news posts" you keep referring to, and I've been unable to find them.

For the sake of completeness, would you link me to it, pretty please? It's driving me a bit batty.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#23]
That's brilliant John :o)

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#24]
For the sake of completeness, would you link me to it, pretty please? It's driving me a bit batty.

Site: http://www.imphenzia.com
Forum: http://forum.imphenzia.com/
News Post on Forum: http://forum.imphenzia.com/viewtopic.php?t=90

Contrary to insinuations made by an individual in this post, the author of this product is very responsive to his users who post questions on his forums. When a site is undergoing a major redesign, it is not uncommon for some download links to be down for a short period of time (especially when it is happening over a holiday period). Based on the author's blog, it looks like he had a very enjoyable holiday. As you (LineOf7s) pointed out, the links you posted DO work even though DarkShadowWing claims they don't.

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#25]
Thanks GaryV. Yes, Imphenzia had fixed the links within about twenty minutes of me lodging a report (using the method on his site) that they were broken.

Thanks for the links. I'd actually seen all those, but I was looking for some specific post that addressed the broken links. Yeah, with a major site redesign, some of the less obvious things can get broken. I just didn't make that connection when you were talking about it.

Anyway, the links (now) do work, and it's all tickety-boo. :o)

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#26]
To be fair, you DO have to click on the links. Based on the SVN debates, clicking on something is more difficult than some of us think it is. Maybe somebody could write a tutorial for DarkShadowWing?

actually i never clicked the link
i just looked at the link went crosseyed and blinked and it downloaded automatically ... gotta love these 'intuitive' gesture controlls

typing with my eyes was too much of a strain so i went back to a keyboard and a rubber tiped prong wrapped around my forehead.
no im not disabled i just like keymashing alot :p

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#27]
:P the links work now. thanks alot Ginger Tea and LineOf7s and GaryV

Imphenzia(Posted 2009) [#28]
I just found this thread "by accident" and wanted to put a closing comment on it.

Thanks to those of you helping out in this thread to clear up the issue. This is why I really like the Blitz forums - people here are just great here :)

Unfortunately some links got broken in the massive re-design (as pointed out above) - especially as I moved between technologies, ASP --> PHP.

Imphenzia is my hobby at the moment and I balance it with my professional carreer and social life (probably like many others here). I will always try to reply to any questions as long as I am made aware of them.

The "report a problem" feature on my new site has been most helpful but unfortunately I haven't included a "reported by"-field so I'm unable to personally thank/award those of you who report but I shout a big collective "thank you" here :)

@DarkShadowWing: thanks for using the audio system
@GfK: thanks for defending licensing
@GaryV: thanks for clarifying about the site-redesign
@LineOf7s: thanks for the site report
@Ginger Tea: thanks for helping out
@John: The balloon analogy was great by the way :D

Hope I didn't miss anything =) and have a good weekend.

SabataRH(Posted 2009) [#29]
It's like an episode of the Waltons. :)

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#30]
O ha ha... -.- LMAO XD

Adam Novagen(Posted 2009) [#31]
DSW, you really should try to take it easy with the people around here. I mean, we can all be a bit... direct?... at times, but I don't think anyone here has ever meant to be rude or mean. Just calm down; you really don't need to flip out like you've been doing.