Help fast forward, rewind function

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Help fast forward, rewind function

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#1]
Does anyone know how to create a fast forward AND rewind function, using this info?

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#2]
What exactly is it?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#3]
it is a command in decls (mcisendstring) which has a time variable, that allows for the user to fast forward & rewind a playing song.

John Blackledge(Posted 2009) [#4]
Your strings are
"set " + alias$ + " speed 1000" ; for normal
"set " + alias$ + " speed " + STR$(1000 - (slowmax% * 100) ) + "" ; for slow
Where slowmax is a number from 1 to 9.

SLotman(Posted 2009) [#5]
Using the libs I sent you, you can do:

Function mciMP3Seek(ID, Position$) ; position can be "start", "end", or millisecs

Don't know if its working for wav and midi, but it should work ok (of course, replacing the function for mciWAVSeek and mciMIDISeek).

With this you can skip to any point in the song, just get current position using mciMP3Position (or mciWAV, mciMIDI...) and add/remove how many milliseconds you want to go forward or backwards.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#6]
thanks. ill try. i also have a question. why does midi slow stuff down?

SLotman(Posted 2009) [#7]
hmm? Never had any slowdown with midi... is this only in mciMIDI or on any player in general?

(If on any player you might check your midi drivers on windows, or even your sound card drivers and the sound card itself)

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#8]
well. i think its more w/ mcimidi, b/c i ran some tests, and mp3 & wav work fine. but when its midi, it slows down the project.

and now its not even playing for some reason and i reinstalled the zip u gave me, and still it didnt work. i dont know why.