MD3 loader for B3D

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/MD3 loader for B3D

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#1]
..okay..here is a little bit necromancy :)..I have found this but unfortunatelly link doesnt work..anyone here have this MD3 stuff?? Im having serious problems with MD2 wobbling and i really cant use B3D animations since i need many characters on scene at once..if anyone can post this MD3 loader i'll apreciate a lot..or any other alternative for use and control of many characters at once..

here is a dead link i thought will save my day..anyone have this MD3 beta?
http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=41529

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#2]
..I got it..yeah baby..beautiful..here it is for all of you guys who need it...

http://www.melog.ch/dl/bb_md3lib_drago.zip

Rroff(Posted 2008) [#3]
Have you tried it for performance? I might be interested in this at a later stage - still fleshing out the core of my engine at the moment.

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#4]
Naughty, what are you using to produce MD2's/MD3's?

Aside from the possibility of lots of NPCs, I thought there was a problem with linepick, collisions, and lighting?

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#5]
I think NPC's is what he's using it for. It's great for cannon fodder type enemies too. Stick a collision sphere round them and fire away!

Kryzon(Posted 2008) [#6]
Yeah the one thing I didn't like about this MD3 format is that it already have a limited list of possible animations.

It's not as free as B3D. And someone has to yet proove the performance increase.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#7]
@John
Yes.RossC is right..Im using it to populate my world with loads of characters (market places, shipyard, port, building site under towers, and so on..) its good since performance is incredible and you can run with ease 100 characters on sight with no FPS loss at all..beautiful for mass scenes...drawback is wobbling, so since wobbling is not case with MD3 while it does remain similar like MD2, performance wise, I will take a crack once i get back to B3D rig at home..right now im at journey for collecting my characters :)

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#8]
Naughty, can I assume that you've got drago's md3lib working ok?

So now you're collecting characters - any free sites?

Kryzon(Posted 2008) [#9]
I think he's making his own characters. Using a 3DS Max MD3 Exporter, that is.