Get pixel data outside of blitz3d window

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Get pixel data outside of blitz3d window

mk2y10(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hey, is there a way to use a command or dll that will allow me to read the pixels on the desktop, even ones in other windows?

markcw(Posted 2008) [#2]
why?

Amanda Dearheart(Posted 2008) [#3]
Yeah,

Blitz3d is a game prgramming language, not a systems prgramming language?

If you wanted to do that, go to something like C++.

chi(Posted 2008) [#4]
he can do with blitz whatever he wants! and there are easier languages then c++ -> like purebasic (similar b3d syntax)

i´m sure you can do that somehow with api (taking a screenshot and readpixel ) or with purebasic via dll ... or even with c++ ;)

what exactly do you want to achieve?

Kryzon(Posted 2008) [#5]
I think Chi's suggestion is awesome. You could use something like this - http://blitzbasic.com/toolbox/toolbox.php?tool=227
to hide your application window, then take a screenshot of the desktop and readpixel.

EDIT: here's the capture screen code archive entry: http://blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1752

markcw(Posted 2008) [#6]
cough.

Kryzon(Posted 2008) [#7]
haha, yeah they're yours they are, mark :D

mk2y10(Posted 2008) [#8]
haha, i knew ppl wouldn't like thinking 'outside the box' -_-, so if u don't have anything helpful to post, don't waste the energy.

i wanna make a screen saver that captures what is on the windows screen and alter it to music and stuff, somethin just to mess with.

Kryzon(Posted 2008) [#9]
I think he was just being funny. Humour of which is kinda necessary in these glacially-cold white forums (no racism intended).

SLotman(Posted 2008) [#10]
Use Windows API.

I dont remember the correct call (GetDesktophWnd(0)?), but you must retrieve the desktop HWND (the handle) then you just do a GetPixel on this hWnd.

Knight #51(Posted 2008) [#11]
...white forums...

You can fix that by searching the website for profile skins. It alters the appearence of the entire web page. Mine is on futuristic or something like that.

markcw(Posted 2008) [#12]
I wasn't being funny. I was just clearing my throat, but then I forgot what I was going to say.