fmod licensing

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/fmod licensing

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2008) [#1]
it is $100 for license to use the fmod in my project right? If so, where do I purchase the Blitzbasic version?

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#2]
it is $100 for license to use the fmod in my project right?

That's not for us to say. Licenses are approved on a case-by-case basis. In order to qualify for the $100 price ( and that is $100 per platform, so $200 for Windows and Mac ) you have to be selling for around $10. But as I say, you have to get approval from the developer.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2008) [#3]
o how nice.... gah! why cant they make it simple? Lol =P

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#4]
Again, you seem to be talking about the fmod when all evidence thus far is that you're trying to use the BASS audio library. They're two different things.

Neither of them have a "Blitzbasic version". They're external libraries that require someone to code a 'wrapper' for them in order for Blitz3D (for example) to use them. Abbrexxes has put together such a wrapper for BASS and that's what you appear to be using (based on your enquiries in this thread). If that's the case, then you want to be using the BASS .dlls, not the fmod ones, and the fmod licensing is not relevant to you.

If none of this is the case, and you've found an fmod wrapper for Blitz that you're trying to use, then ignore me.