How do i change the icon at the top of the page?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/How do i change the icon at the top of the page?

KillerX(Posted 2008) [#1]
How do I change the icon for a running program(The icon at the top of the page before the title)?

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#2]
Use resourcehacker to change it manually

Pongo(Posted 2008) [#3]
I believe if you use reshack to change your icon, then that icon will also be displayed in the corner of the window.

KillerX(Posted 2008) [#4]
Pongo. It doesn't change it.

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#5]
Resource Hacker:

File / Open - open exe.
Open the icon tree until you see the prog's icon in the main window.
Action / Replace Icon
Click 'Open file with new icon'.
Click exe, dll, ico; click replace.
File / Save.
Exit

It sometimes takes a few minutes for Explorer to realise what you've done - the icon image it displays may be the old one, until you reopen Explorer.

Kryzon(Posted 2008) [#6]
What I'd rather want to do is to take off that little black window thingy that always opens up when you start a Blitz program, no matter if it's fullscreen or not. Rather, once you open the program up, it goes fullscreen or windowed at once.

I believe someone did this sometime by hacking the compiling DLL or something like that.

Pongo(Posted 2008) [#7]
Oops, I guess it doesn't change that. I see it's not the blitz rocket icon, but just a blank application icon.

Sorry, I can't help with that. It's never bothered me that much personally, but I know it's been requested before.

KillerX(Posted 2008) [#8]
John Blackledge Not that icon. The one at the top of the program berfore the title when it is running.

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#9]
if i remember there was a link in the toolbox that removes the black window.

Kryzon(Posted 2008) [#10]
@ mtnhome3d: any hints on the Category of that divine entry you mentioned?