3d animation question

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/3d animation question

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#1]
I got this question off a youtrube subscriber of mine:

does BLITZ3D support animation-based movement. In other words when someone animates their character in 3d studio max, it actually affects the position and rotation in blitz3d? If so, can you please explain how to code it in BLITZ.

Can anyone give me an answer, I've not done any 3D coding in blitz yet, still clinging to the safety of 2D

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#2]
yes..and no need to code in blitz, if you animate your bones in 3dsmax to move trough space..just load and play as usual animation(cut scene stuff useful)

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#3]
great, thanks Alien, I think 2009 is the year I finally start working in 3D. I get a lot of requests from people who watch my youtube videos to do 3D but up till now I've just been doing 2D. I'm part way through a series on building a platform game right now.

3D might be better for me though, cause it's obvious from my 2D tutorials that I clearly can't do very good pixel art.

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#4]
3d art isn't easy either

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#5]
3d art isn't easy either

Don't get me wrong, I know that, but simple 3D graphics still looks a lot better than my 2d sketchings, I can just use un textured blocky models and acheive a nice retro looking feel to things.

Wings(Posted 2008) [#6]
Blitz dose not support Animition based movemnt
Like i 3dsmax you can move a spheare around..
but blitz dose supporte bone animation.

i think i got this right :)

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#7]
blitz supports keyframe animation, it has commands for you to create it. also .x and .md2 are vertex animation only meaning no bones. but as for regular transforms animation(scale,move,rotate) its possible.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#8]
..whatever you do with bones in 3dsmax (animate, move trough space and so on) will be identical in B3D, tested and tested already..so, yes, if you animate your character walking trough level in 3DSMAX, same will happen in B3D with usual and normal animate command without additional work..

Kryzon(Posted 2008) [#9]
http://blitzbasic.com/b3ddocs/command.php?name=AddAnimSeq&ref=3d_cat