Blitz To Game System Question

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Blitz To Game System Question

Knight #51(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hey Guys,

Is it possible to make a BlitzBasic/Blitz3D game for a game console?? Such as: PS2,Xbox,Xbox360,GameCube......

[edit] Also.....is it possible to send an e-mail with Blitz???

Matty(Posted 2008) [#2]
No Xbox or console stuff, yes to sending an email.

Knight #51(Posted 2008) [#3]
Ok. How would you send an e-mail??

Warner(Posted 2008) [#4]
Well, there is this link, but I never gotten it to work:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=23

Knight #51(Posted 2008) [#5]
That's some neet code Warner :) I hope you get it to work :)

So what software/mod would you recomend to make a game for your PS2 or Xbox original???

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#6]
If you want to start developing for consoles then your best bet will be to take up C++

Also you will have to pay the console companies for licences to develop on thier systems and that can be quite pricey.

Rroff(Posted 2008) [#7]
For Xbox development you can use XNA - but you will still need to have a good grounding in C++. For the other consoles you will need to license the SDK which usually means purchasing developer versions of the console platform too which isn't cheap.

Knight #51(Posted 2008) [#8]
I do have a good grounding in C++, but I though XNA was only for Xbox360??

dynaman(Posted 2008) [#9]
XNA is for the 360 or the PC.

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#10]
xna is c# not c++, there is a project at jandscreations for xna.

Knight #51(Posted 2008) [#11]
That's what I thought :D

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#12]
..or you could just take a look at Elemental 2 engine, whats running on pretty much every single console out there..and its free with editors, and so on..oh yea..fully scriptable with LUA :)

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#13]
hey naughty, i looked for that engine and couldn't find it any where for download. lots of forum posts about games made with it but no engine or homepage for the project. where is it?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#14]
..you have to register as a developer(its free) and then you will get access to SVN, editors, Luad debugger/Editor and so on...engine rulez man..no need to touch any C++, everything doable from LUA...and its running just fine..I have compiled hello world to my PSP :) works like a charm... :) here is web site...register as a developer and enter this juicy world :)

http://www.phatyaffle.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=91&Itemid=110

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#15]
hey thanks, i'm already dl'ing. we'll see how it goes.