Problems with full screen

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Problems with full screen

eos(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi,

I´m trying to make a game which uses two monitors. I need to make this game full screen in both monitors but when a put the full screen option in graphic3D it appears full screen only in the primary monitor but not in the second.
Anyone know if it is possible and how to do that?

Thanks.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#2]
i don't think it's possible in blitz3d as it stands. You will probably need an external lib of some sort. That's as much help as i can be i'm afraid.

Matty(Posted 2008) [#3]
Even if it is possible with blitz3d, some PCs that can use dual screen (such as mine) cannot display 3d at decent frame rates on the secondary screen.

eos(Posted 2008) [#4]
I have 2 GeForce 8600 GT and 4 monitors conecting in the PC. I configure two vertical span. When I run blitz 3D in full screen I just see in two of then (in the primaries) but not in the others. The frame rate is 44 fps.

I need to know if a can do the full screen with the other two monitors.

Thanks

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#5]
Eos,

Hold on a sec I am just re-reading your last post (I answered your first wrongly I think).

Are you running four outputs from ONE PC which has two graphics cards and what you want to do is show the single viewport of B3d content across ALL FOUR screens like a huge window on the B3d world?

In your first post you said across two monitors so I'm confused - with two monitors it is easily possible to show B3d content in a widescreen format such as 2048 x 768 (2048 being 2 x 1024 width monitors wide).

IPete2.

Warner(Posted 2008) [#6]
I believe that you can only run fullscreen directx applications on the primary display. So, unless you're able to span the primary display across all 4 monitors, you won't get a fullscreen output on the non-primary monitors. With windowed mode, you might be able to span across all four monitors.
The low framerate could be caused by Flip having to wait for two vsyncs. Try using Flip false instead.

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#7]
Eos,

If that is the case, try googling for a device which will take your PC output and create a video wall style output and get a decent video wall instead. maybe?

IPete2.

eos(Posted 2008) [#8]
IPete2,

How can I do this?

Eos

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#9]
Eos,

What you need is one PC output at high resolution going into a little black box. The output from that box is divided into four smaller images. These would be top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right and each section of image is shown on the corresponding monitor.

I just Googled 4 port video splitter and came up with this:

http://www.superwarehouse.com/StarTech_4_Port_VGA_Video_Splitter,_Distribution_Amplifier/ST124L/p/1486891

BEWARE I don't know if this does what you want it to so check. This one may put the SAMEimage on four screens, which you DONT want.

Check what YOU WANT it to do - I'm still a little unsure as to what you are after but this is a good starting place. Keep an eye on what the signals in and out are for such devices MAKE SURE they are compatible with your PC output and Monitor Inputs.

I would email them to ask if this box allows you to take ONE PC output at say HD (1920 x 1080) or whatever and have it displayed across all four monitors in a 2 x2 video wall effect with the output across all four monitor as if it is one image split into four pieces (if thats what you are after)

IPete2.

EmerGki(Posted 2008) [#10]
eos,

I have the same problem here, I have an ATI Radeon GeCube 3870x2 Dual, for 4 monitors and 1 tv (4 DVI and one SVideo)... But, I can't use my Blitz game in three or four monitors, only in two, so, I decided to buy one "Matrox TripleHead2Go"... But, I still waiting for delivery (30 days to come from USA to here, Brazil).

Warner(Posted 2008) [#11]
Alternatively, you could create a fullscreen window instead of a fullscreen application. I can't seem to find the exact link I was thinking of, but maybe this thread ?
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=75975

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#12]
EmerGKi,

I'd be very interested in hearing about your results with the Matrox - they're historically poor at 3d, but maybe the newer cards are better? I hope so.

IPete2.

EmerGki(Posted 2008) [#13]
IPete2,

I'm not bought the graphics cards from Matrox, only the "TripleHead", so, I'll continue using my graphics card (ATI Radeon GeCube 3870x2 Dual, 1 GB) with Cross-fire... The TripleHead is only to "extend" the desktop area to 3 monitors, so, I'll can use my game with three visions...

EmerGki(Posted 2008) [#14]
Only to pass the results about using the Matrox TripleHead2Go... The results is... Working good, Now I can use the game I'm working on with 3 monitors... =D

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#15]
EmerGki,

Whats the frame rate like? How complex a game is it? I only ask because I have always avoided the Matrox cards as they were historically poor at real time 3D. That may be diferent now!

IPete2.

EmerGki(Posted 2008) [#16]
IPete2...

The frame rate is fine... Running normally with my game... 60 fps...

The Matrox TripleHead2Go isn't a Graphics card...

Zeotrope(Posted 2008) [#17]
Fansastic rig!!!

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#18]
OMG I didnt realise!

They used to sell a matrox card with 2 - 3 - 4 heads on it which I think was a gfx card which I thought was what you were referring to - sorry.
something like this -

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/graphics_cards/qid_series/qidpro/

This rig looks totally awesome! Thanks for sharing because now I know it is possible I will add it to my client offerings - or at least have it in my head should someone enquire about it!

So your gfx card gives you a full width output and it plugs into this to split it?

IPete2.

EmerGki(Posted 2008) [#19]
My GFX card is a ATI Radeon GeCube HD 3870x2 Dual, 1 GB with CrossFire.

I can set the resolution to 3840x1024 (3 x 1280x1024)... So, I can use my Game with this resolution, using the Three Monitors in Full Screen. All the "3D process" are done in the GFX card. The Matrox TripleHead2Go only extend my desktop area to 3 monitors...

In the second picture I posted, you can see how it works, in the front I place the cable from GFX card to Matrox, the another cable (black) is a USB cable used by TripleHead, in the back, the Three monitors cable...

The Matrox have gfx cards, but really poor, the gfx cards of Matrox isn't for games...

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#20]
That. Looks. AWESOME!

Bobysait(Posted 2008) [#21]
Exporting Fullscreen on multiple Screens, isn't it a graphics card setup matter ?
Blitz3D cant' deal with this interface... As I remember, we can setup something called "Theater Mode" in the Graphic Card setup, that grab fullScreen mode on the way you set it. And It depends on the mode we set the display ( Dual Screen/Clone etc... )