Meshes Not Working with LoadMesh

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Meshes Not Working with LoadMesh

EmerGki(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi,

I'm with a problem, some 3d objects are not being loaded with the command LoadMesh, but, load with LoadAnimMesh... Anyway, I need to use LoadMesh because of collisions and another things..

Can someone tell me why this happen?

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#2]
With LoadAnimMesh, it will load all the parts and give them all the ability to be children, if set correctly in the modeller. LoadMesh compbines everything into the one mesh however. So this may cause a problem.

Could you further explain why you need to use loadmesh? If you need collision on an animmesh, you need to loop through all the children of that entity, and individually set their collision properties i'm sure.

EmerGki(Posted 2008) [#3]
I'm using JV-ODE to create the Trimeshs, because this, I need the LoadMesh.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#4]
Ah i see. I think your best bet is to combine your animated mesh in a model package. OR, load in the animmesh, then add mesh all the meshes. You will lose your texturing though, unless you record all the UV's and textures applied to the different surfaces.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#5]
..you dont have to use loadmesh for use with JV-Ode..im using loadanimesh and setting each entity i want to be collision/physics responsive with no problem..

EmerGki(Posted 2008) [#6]
Yes, Thank you all... I had forget the "GetChild" to take the meshes and use with JV-ODE... Thank you, Now some models working...

EmerGki(Posted 2008) [#7]
Unfortunatelly, when I load the meshes with the LoadAnimMesh, I can't scale using the command ScaleMesh...

I tried to scale the mesh in the modeler program, but, when I try to create the Trimesh, not happens, Not collide :(

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#8]
You will probably need to scale each mesh in the anim mesh seperately, like you do with setting the collisions.

EmerGki(Posted 2008) [#9]
Yes, really, I forget this too =D... Now Working!

Thank You!!!