Blitz 3D game content (Models)

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Blitz 3D game content (Models)

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2008) [#1]
I'm considering updating and selling off the models I made for my advance wars clone that I never finished. Do people here still need content? Are there people making games with blitz 3d? Is this something people would be interested in?

What other models to people around here need? I'd like to make some models for sale. I just don't want to waste my time making stuff people don't want.

Kryzon(Posted 2008) [#2]
You should freelance (better than making stuff you think people are gonna like). That way you'd always be doing something someone would buy.
Any screens on your artwork?

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2008) [#3]
www.questionableent.com

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#4]
You have dead links on your gallery page.

gameproducer(Posted 2008) [#5]
I'm always buying models :)

would need some direct links to the stuff you are going to sell...

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#6]

Me too. I'm not remotely artistic, but I have some moderate technical skills, so I can easily assemble, customize and manipulate to suit my needs. It takes me a bloody long time to make anything remotely decent from scratch though.

What other models to people around here need?

Some good scifi-fi environments would be great. Spaceship interiors, physics labs, military bases, that sort of thing. If not complete environments, then prefabricated parts which could be used to build them. There's tons of medieval fantasy and modern industrial stuff like this, but virtually nothing for scifi, and let's face it, scifi is a valid setting for RTS's, FPS's, RPG's, adventures, survival horror's, all kinds of games.

Pongo(Posted 2008) [#7]
Craig-

This is totally off topic, but do you know Mike Gasaway? I was just looking at your site and saw the Jimmy Neutron/Ant bully stuff stuff.

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2008) [#8]
Yeah I know Mike, he's awesome! How do you know him?

Pongo(Posted 2008) [#9]
I've known Mike for quite a while. I work as an animator in Minneapolis, and was Mike's instructor in an animation class he took here. I wouldn't take any credit for any of his success though,... the class was a pretty frustrating experience for me. It was supposed to be a more advanced CG animation class, and I ended up with a classroom that barely knew how to operate a mouse! Mike was one of the few stars that made things fun and we were friends while he was here. I haven't had much of a chance to stay in touch since then, but I still try to peek in every once in a while to see what he's up to.

EmerGki(Posted 2008) [#10]

Me too!

Now needing animated characters, and other things...

Knight #51(Posted 2008) [#11]
Hey Craig,

Could you post some screenshots of some things you have so far??

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#12]
Judging after a look at your web site, I noticed that you are a very talented guy, but I think that if you would give us an animated 3D sample for testing Blitz3D it would be a good idea.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#13]
Very impressive stuff you got there man. I agree with free-lancing. You should give us an idea of prices and such.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2008) [#14]
Very impressive looking models craig, I especially like your lego models. This is rooted in the fact that I used to be a big lego fan , my 9 year old son is a lego fan and I'm having fun messing with lego in B3D via JV-ODE.